cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Group dependency check box Vs Reference Group

sai_siva
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Whats the main purpose of User Group dependency check box and Reference Group while defining infogroup? how does these two work??

Thanks and Regards,

Sai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sai,

What Neha said see correct. If u select user group dependency check box, then u must maintain UGR parameter in SU3.

Regards

S.Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

When you click on user group dependency check box, the infogroups settings etc are governed by your UGR parameter set in SU3. In the absence of any UGR parameter being set, the settings will be governed by your reference group. Hope it helps.

Regards

Neha

sai_siva
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

We tried working on this but it does not work it has not picked the ref group.

Thanks

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Few things here pls:

a. Have you maintained UGR parameter ?

b. Does your reference group exist with proper configurations, i.e., the Infogroup for your reference group should also be maintained properly.

Also, can you please elaborate a bit more as to what you are trying to do and is there any error that is coming up ?

Regards

Neha.

sai_siva
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Neha,

Initially we maintained the UGR parameter then as per user group configuration setting every thing went smooth, later to check the ref group properties removed user group at UGR parameter setting now its giving all the default actions other than ref group configuration.

So i just want to know how this ref group works, and in which scenario we can use this.

Thank you,

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sai

Please check the below tables:

• VV_T588C_G_AL0 - User Group Dependency on Menus and Info Groups (check if user group dependent check box is marked or not). If it is unchecked, please take a note of reference user group as well
  • V_T588D - The reference user group and user group id should be in sync with the ones maintained in above table.

Hopefully it works. If this also doesn't help, please share the screenshots, so that it can be checked. It seems to be just the id reference mismatch, which is causing this issue.

Regards

Neha

sai_siva
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Neha,

Here is it mandatory to have ref group and user group be sync.

If so then the scenarios works, but if we give ref group and user group as different then wats the solution.

Is it advisable to provide two different numbers or one single number.

please advise the same.

Thanks,

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Two different numbers are ok because both of them refer to two different things. Can you share the screenshots (hide confidential information) for above two tables and I can advise you better.

sai_siva
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Please find enclosed

when defining info group:

the ref group and user group are different, so now please let me know how does these both will work,because when UGR parameter is 38 then the respective info types are reflecting but when we give blank then the 39 settings are not reflecting.

Thanks

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sai.

I am not able to view second screenshot, but here's my suggestion pls. You can first try with one action and see if it works.

If you do not want to make it UGR dependent, then the reference group that you are using in VV_T588C_G_AL0, please use the same as 'User group' under V_T588D. That should resolve the issue. Pls let me know if it works

Regards

Neha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Here is what I think your current settings may be like UGR - 38, ref user group - 39. (I may be getting wrong with the nos, so please consider changes accordingly)

• VV_T588C_G_AL0 - please maintain ref user group as 39
  • V_T588D - please maintain first column user group as 39 (I guess you have maintained it as 38 here and hence, on removing UGR, you are not getting intended result)

Please let me know if your issue is still not resolved.

Regards

Neha

sai_siva
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Neha,

I got good understanding on ref group and user group.

Thanks and Regards,

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you but did this resolve your issue or is it still pending?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, please do close the thread once your issue is resolved, so as to avoid any more confusion