Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCR - Substitution type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

My Query is:

I have two substitution types (say XXXX and YYYY), created in T556. The employee supposed to choose either of these substitution types in ESS.

I am looking for a PCR, which would help me in

1. If the employee chooses XXXX, he should be paid for his service.

2. If he chooses YYYY, he should be allowed to take a comp off.

Can u guys plz help me out in knowing how to go about this?

regards

Tahir

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

AshishBhati
Contributor
0 Kudos

Tahir -

I would recommend if you processing it directly in payroll schema then read the function P2003 with Par2 as S** (** is your substitution type) and write a small rule after that to process it in RT.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Per ur reply, I guess we cannot allow the employee to take comp offs.. From ur idea, we can only pay the employee for his service as substitute. If u can read n understand my reply to Haris above.

Plz help me in getting thru this.

regards

Tahir

former_member207885
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tahir,

As harish Suggested you can use VARSTSUBST for qurying the substitution type.

1.For pay off,you can generate wage type for XXXX

2.For the comp,you can create quota and whenever you have the substitution type YYYY,create/store the hours in the quota,and link with the absence type for Comp Off

3.In the quota configuration,in the table T559L you can specify the maximum hours as 40.

Thanks

Regards

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Thanks for ur explanations.

But, I am slightly confused with ur point # 2.. U are asking me to create a quota n store max hours as 40.. but my scenarion is something like::

Suppose if the employee works today for 3 hours in substitution type YYYY, then these 3 hours should accumulate for which he can take comp off in future.. As and when the employee works as substitution, these many number of hours will get accumulated and the accumulation will start once 40 hrs are accumulated. Will ur point # 2 fulfill this condition?? or ur askin me to pre-store 40 hrs in quota?

And one more point:: suppose the employee works fr 3 hours in substitution type YYYY today, where are these 3 hours stored?? do i need to create a time type for accumulation??

Plz help...

regards

Tahir

harishtk1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tahir,

Employee chooses Sustitution Type XXXX or YYYY - What happens then? What is the validity period of the substitution type worked?

How are you recording the Actual Hours worked under the substituiotn type?

On reading your requirements, to me it seems more like Pre-Approved overtime rather than a Substitution type.

I think you need to understand the Business Process clearly before attempting a design.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venket,

Could you plz help me in designing the PCRs??

regards

Tahir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Waiting for reply guys...

Plz reply,,,

harishtk1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I wouldn't use the TABLEP2003 - unless under extreme duress.

You can easily query the substituition type using VARSTSUBST, if I remember correctly.

Hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Thanks fr ur input. Let me explain u my entire scenario. understanding which u can broaden ur help.

As said, I have two substitution types (say XXXX and YYYY), created in T556.

The employee is asked to choose (in ESS) either of the two before on or before the last day of a calendar year (31 dec).

Now, if employee chooses substitution type XXXX on or before 31 dec 2013: Then, the employee is paid (on 31 dec 2014) for the number of hours he has worked as substitution between 01 jan 2014 to 31 dec 2014. per hour rate depends on a basic salary and a few wgaetypes.

If he chooses substitution type YYYY on or before 31 dec 2013: Then, the employee is allowed to take comp offs (paid holidays) for the number of hours the employee has worked as substitution. But, the total hours (in a calendar year) should not exceed 40 Hours. (meaning: the max substitution hours per calendar year should be 40, exceeding 40 should be ignored)

Now, plz if u can give me a more clear idea then in ur previous reply Harish.

Let me know if u want more explanation on my scenario.

regards

Tahir

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tahir,

The limit of 40 hours is on the total substitution or individually on each substitution.

Please advise.

Thanks and regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,
The limit of 40 Hrs is total substitution,,, meaning 40 hrs is max for a calendar year..

regards

Tahir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Where you stuck in pcr ? are you getting working hours of it 2003 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can try by using operation Tablep2003 & vargb* (subtype) and let me know if any problem,

Regards,

Kedhar.