cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formula Variable - Key of Cost Element (Query crashing)

gleo_SRAM
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I have created a formula variable which returns the Key of the Cost Element (0costelmnt) which resides in a Key figure structure. I have used this in a number of formula (If Cost Element = 50000 * (A * B) and its working fine.

Formula VariableFormula Variable Properties

My issue is that this query crashes constantlywhen you are in the Query Designer in both our Dev and Production environments, yet the query runs fine in the Analyser.

The only thing I note is the icons in the key figure structure, some squares which are standard key figures / formulas and formula variables but my Cost Element Form Vari and the Bonus and Salary Increase Formula variables are represented by a triangle which normally means characteristics!!

Any suggestions?

With thanks

Gill

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Formula variable are represented by a triangle icon only so that is not the issue.

You can check the following note

Regards,

AL

gleo_SRAM
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Anshu,

I'm using a new GUI than the note but going to get the basis team to update it futher and see if that helps.

With regards

Gill

gleo_SRAM
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anshu,

I've updated the SP on the Front End and the issue has gone.

Thanks for your help!

Gill

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Really glad to know that i am able to solve your issue.

Regards,

AL

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you want to read from 5th place from your cost element value in Formula Variable? If not, you can just keep nothing in Offset start and length. Also, try with "Key" instead of External Char Value Key.

While saving the query in designer, any error/warning messages are appearing?

gleo_SRAM
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

Yes I need the offset and I have indeed tried with the Key value and alas it makes no difference.

With regards

Gill

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You haven't answered my other question???

gleo_SRAM
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No warning messages Suman.

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From your screen shot, I can observe one message saying that " Key Cannot be Null". Please analyze in that angle. Is your Analyzer result set ok?

Why don't you just regenerate your query in RSRT and test you query there?

gleo_SRAM
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

They query runs perfectly,  there are no null values in the output.

I have already regenerated it and no change.  I do not have an issue with the output so RSRT is going to give me the same results as I get in the Analyser.

The issue I have is that any changes I make in Query Designer, the programs shuts down.