cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nested Sub reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please suggest how can I achieve this requirement.

As we know cr does't supports nested sub reports, but my requirement is similar to this.

I have a main report which displays country wise data.

If I click a particular country It should show respected location names which contains some data in details(coming from sub report 1).

If I click particular location it should show respected locations data(coming from sub report 2)..

For country to location I did using on demand sub report.

Please suggest is there any work around to achieve this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member477249
Participant
0 Kudos

Not sure what is the particular requirement to use a sub report. You might want to simply put this information in a main group > sub group > sub- sub group format and suppress and keep the Details section suppressed. The fields that are usually shown in the Details can also be placed into each of the group headers.

Effectively, the report will look like

GH1 - Country

GH2 - Location

GH3 - Location details

Further, you can show/hide the groups in drill-mode by using the Drilldowngrouplevel() function which can create the effect of entering from one (main) tab of the report to the new(sub) tab.

Prathamesh

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

Nested Subreport is Not supported in CR however if you have CR Server or BO Enterprise Server you can do something like this:

1) First create a report that shows details for the 'Location' report. The report should have a prompt called 'Location' and should return data for the selected location. Saved this report to the Enterprise repository in a folder.

2) Create a report that returns data for the Countries. Then, create a group on the Country field and add the Subreport that returns data Location Names in each Country and place it on the Group Header/Group Footer

3) Link the Main Report Country field with the Subreport's Country Field and make this an on-demand Subreport. I guess you've already completed this.

4) Inside this Subreport, right-click the Location field > Format Field > Hyperlink tab > Select 'A website on the Internet' > Click 'Create Enterprise hyperlink' > Log-in to the repository > Browse to the folder where you saved the report created in Step 1.

An openDoc URL pointing to the Location Details report is automatically created. Make sure the

openDoc URL contains the lsS attribute.

Search google to know more about openDoc.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilash,

Thank you.

I am using Cr 2011 and My reports are viewing from a custom java portal.

In this case what I have to .

In the 2nd sub report can I get any option to call another report using the hyperlink for location field.

If yes please suggest how to do.

If not then please suggest any other way to get this result.

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not too sure if something like this is possible.

I would wait for or to confirm.

-Abhilash

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You might not even need subreports for this.  You could pull all of the data, group it appropriately, and then use Drill Down with hidden sections to get this functionality.

-Dell