cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM Alerting

0 Kudos

Hello experts,

does anybody have a hint for me, how we can get automatic alerts for fail processes e. g. via e-mail? We are using the component-based message alerting for PO. But afaik, this does not cover processes.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Markus

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member191643
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This cannot be achieved through just configurations as the experts have rightly said.

The failure to execute automated activites can be captured via boundary events as mentioned earlier by Christian.

Technical exceptions in execution of automated activities can be captured in boundary events:

The flow connector coming out of the boundary event can be then conected to a notification activity where you can alert the recipient of the failure:

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your answer. I knew this before, just wondering why there is no default alerting, which notifies you when an error occurs. Do you not see a gap when monitoring processes?

What happens if an error occurs, which is not catched by a boundary event?

Regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh you are spot on, its a basic capability which does not exists today in SAP BPM. I have worked on other vendors and they have this default excpetion handler a decade back. Worst case i was thinking of running an api every some min which can looks for erroneous process and report back but there is not even an api to look for suspended process.

Thanks

Manish

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sap bpm is still a baby....

0 Kudos

Any input to the BPM monitors in SolMan Christian mentioned before?

Can someone provide some more details?

ch_loos
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Check out this link:

Please vote for the feature request in IdeaPlace - this will increase the chance of it getting implemented 🙂

https://ideas.sap.com/ct/ct_a_view_idea.bix?c=97F64433-5773-403E-A7C6-D7EB3BD6428D&idea_id=E6D27B94-...

Regards,

Christian

0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

thanks for providing the information. We are just heading for the PI Monitoring in SolMan, then this will be the next thing to go for.

I voted, thanks for providing the link.

Regards,

Markus

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ch_loos
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

While there is no general alerting, you can catch errors on individual steps e.g. automated activity via boundary event and then send emails accordingly.

You can also use the BPM monitors in Solution Manager to set up alerts.

Regards,

Christian

0 Kudos

Dear Christian,

thanks a lot for your reply. Can you provide me link to get more details about this solution?

Did i get you right, that it is possible to step up e-mail alerts with this?

We already use the boundary events, but i am searching for a general solution for unpredictable error

situations...

Regards,

Markus

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no, u didn't get it,

you have to model a notification activity in your flow.

not just configuration...

0 Kudos

Hi Wu,

i think, I did get it right. I am familiar with the notification activity and the boundary events already. This does not suite for general error notification for unpredictable error situations...

How do we notice if an processes is in error state, without being forced to monitor the system proactive? That's the question...

Regards,

Markus

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

as i said, no such thing that just by simple configuration, you will get alert when a process is stuck.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

within my knowledge, there is no such facility.