cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP* password expired for EP 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I had set password expiry policy in my Quality portal system for some testing purpose. Unfortunately the password got expired for the Administrator account also. So i tried to enable the emergency user from config tool. I could enable it successfully, but when i login it says the sap* password also expired. Now i have no option to login to the the portal with any of the ids. Could you please help let me know if there is any other alternative to reset the password for the Administrator account.

Thanks in advance,

Heinz Kappan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Heinz,

is EP using the ABAP datasource?

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

Thank you for the reply.

EP is using the UME not abap datasource.

Thanks,

Heinz.

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Heinz ,

Hope you are doing good.

It is a bit strange that the SAP* user expired. Can you attach some screenshots of the issue?
I hope that you modified the properties correctly as mentioned in:

Activating the Emergency User - Identity Management - SAP Library

Thank you and have a nice day :).

Kind Regards,

Hemanth

SAP AGS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemanth,

Thank you for the reply,

I did follow the same procedure mentioned in the link to enable the sap* user. But as i mentioned before, i did some configuration changes lately in the system to make the password expire if the user dosent login for 3 days for some test purpose. That is how the password got expired for administrator user. But i am not sure whether that policy is applicable to the sap* user also.. Please find the screen attached.

Thanks,

Heinz.

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Heinz ,

Is it possible to attach the default trace entry (when the issue occurred) and the UME properties as per:

<http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/45/2c5feeaee22b32e10000000a

1553f7/frameset.htm>

Kind Regards,

Hemanth