Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate inspection lot created

former_member369043
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

While I am creating GR against process order with mvt. type 531(Receipt By Product) there are two inspection lots creating automatically with same batch , material document , process order with same quantity for the selected material and plant. While I see in MB51 there it shows only one movement has taken please with mvt 531 for selected material , plant and batch.

How the duplicate inspection lot is creating automatically for by-product? Please do let me know if you need more information about the process.

Thanks in advance!

With Regard,

NKB

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi NKB,

Which inspection types are assigned for the above said By-Product Material master?

Regards,

Kumar

former_member369043
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

The inspectuion types are , 04 , 05 , 09. Two similar inspection lots are created with 05 inspection type.

Thanks & Regards,

NKB

lakshmi_prasad7
Contributor
0 Kudos

when you activate 05 inspection type against by product system will trigger inspection lot ( 531 Movement) after this movement any movement ur  doing kindly check.

former_member184536
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can  u proive the detials of both lots??

Such as material, batch,mateial documents, and QM view of that mateial.

Regards

Manish

former_member369043
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Sorry for replying late.

For 05 inspection lot , I don't know how the two inspection lots were creating but it has been controlled by "Control insp.lot" from inspection setup in material master.

Thanks & Regards,

NKB

former_member369043
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Sorry for replying late.

For 05 inspection lot , I don't know how the two inspection lots were creating but it has been controlled by "Control insp.lot" from inspection setup in material master.

Thanks & Regards,

NKB

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe this might have happenned because of the way the PO was setup.  If they created two line items in the PO for the same material,  (i.e.two tractor-trailers of a bulk product), and you had the control inspetion lot to be for each document item then you would get two lots, even if the batch numbers were the same.  But if the GR for both was done at the same time, (not unusal as sometimes one person collects all the weigh tickets for one day and enteres in all the GR's at one time), then you would only have one material document.

Changing the control inspection lot setting would impact that.

Craig

former_member369043
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your suggestion.

Still I could not trace out the problem from PO setups,  this issue was happening periodically but not always. Now it is controlled by absolutely by "For each material document , material, batch and storage location" setup from control Inspection lot.

NKB