cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to close the project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi , I'm unable to close my project even after teco also. There are no commitments exists in the project. Error message is saying "There is still a purchase requisition commitment for WBS XXXXX". I have checkd PR and PO (ME5J, ME2J) reports also for commitments , but there are no commitments exists. Please suggest me if there is any SAP note for these PR related issues

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Suresh,

You have indicated that you can't find the source of the commitment. Assuming there is one, run PS report S_ALR_87013533 and inspect the "commitment" column for non-zero values. The commitment value may be small - less than $0.50 - so switch report to 2 decimal places to check all values to the cent.

If you do find the commitment, drill down to the line item report (click on "commitment" heading; go Goto > Call up report > line items) to identify and eliminate the PR/PO with the commitemnt value.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bisset,

In S_ALR_87013533 report I can see overall commitments like 16.765 value .This is for Previous years and present there is  "0" value

Regards

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check this value is coming from which business transaction. Short close it if its a PR/PO or any other order is assigned then confirm it and close it. Once these values are nullified then do TECO to project again.

NOTE: Please check the overall commitments independent of costs because generally we tend to execute report within specific dates/year and it does not bring the overall transaction history of costs.

Regards

Saurabh

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you have done above solution then for data consistency CJEN is the transaction which will rebuild project database. then check all report if any open commitment is there for concern project or not?

Regards,
Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have checked in CJI5 against WBS and its child WBS also. There is no commitments exists there .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please run the correction program suggested by Tushar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suresh,

Have you run correction report as I suggested you above. If not, please do that.

We have also faced similar issue as mentioned by you earlier. After we run correction program RKACOR04 issue was resolved. You can also refer SAP note mentioned above.

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Suresh,

There may be inconsistencies in commitment which is appearing in the report even if there are no open commitments.

Reason for this inconsistency is unknown.The inconsistency occurs because the period values of the totals tables COSP, COSS, COSR, COSL do not correspond to the totals of the corresponding line items COEP, COOI, COEPR, COEPL.

In such case correction program RKACOR04 needs to be run for Object numbers of problem WBS elements in update mode.

You can refer SAP note

21649 - Comparison Totals records <-> Line items in CO

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check against CJi5 for the project, here you can identify the objects which have the PR's and PO's assigned to the project object.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check commitment in CJI5 report against that WBS also it's child WBS if available.

Regards

Shishir