Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sap Work Manager and Equipment BOMs

jonathanc1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Does anyone have any experience of using equipment BOMs in Work Manager?

I've created the BOM in IB01 as shown above but when I try and add a component against an operation with the equipment number as shown above, I get the full list of components in the plant as shown below:

I would have thought that this would brought up the equipment BOM? I can see in config how to filter which BOMs are fetched by the device but no options on displaying BOMs?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Jonathan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

i834235
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Jonathan,

In the current version of Work Manager 6.0 there is no support to add/select component from Equipment or  Functional Location BOM, Even though it is possible to add component from Equipment / Functional location BOM in IW31/IW32.  The only possible option available in Work Manager application is to add component extended to  your plant as listed above  by you.

You may have to do  enhancement to Work Manager 6.0 application to meet your requirements.  But good thing is that we do have pre-delivered  BAPI/Class handlers available in Work Manager 6.0 to pull Equipment / Functional location BOM components but not Agentry/Java  part.    The only thing you need to develop is Agentry UI part and Java mapping part to meet  your requirement.

I hope i answered your question.

Thanks

Manju  -  SAP CEG - UX/Mobile

jonathanc1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Manju.

I thought I was missing something as the option for BOMs is contained within the config panel:-

I will look into how much it would take to modify the application to display BOMs.

Kind regards,

Jonathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manju & Jonathan,

I am looking at the same requirement here, so thank you for the information provided. Two questions on this:

1. Does Work Manager 6.2 provide any additional support, or do you still need to develop?
  2. On the method of implementing, are the predelivered classes made to load the respective BOM for each Work Order (like order operations) or as a mass (complex) table? Knowing this will greatly speed up the development activity.

Thanks for your help.

Answers (0)