cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Standard Text Variables for FYPERIOD in Report Title ?

former_member182467
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a requirement where the user input the variable 0fiscper to the query (001.2010). How to get the text value of that variable in the query description in the bex query ?

For example user input, 008.2010. We need to get "Aug 2010 Sales values " where Sales values will be the report text. I want to get Aug (month) and year (2010) before the report title. I have searched in google and sdn and could not find any link, but found a doc for the column header text using the same variable. I have tried the same procedure and its just display the zvariable name and Sales value's instead of the label. Please advise.

Thanks

DR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create a text variable with replacement path in description of query.--Replace variable with variable (Enter user input variable technical name)--Replace with label.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

AL

former_member182467
Participant
0 Kudos

Resolved. Just use &Text variable name& before the title....and use label as display in the variable properties. Thanks everyone.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can create a Text variable with replacement path of Fiscper as reference char. Select Key in details tab of replacing variable.

If you are just getting technical name, then it is understood that it is not getting replaced.