cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Influence behaviour of flow with type VARSCP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

there are a number of predefined flow types that deal with changes in the scope of consolidation. These are

* VARSCPMETH : changes in method

* VARSCPPERC: changes in percentage

* VARSCPLEAVE : entities leaving

* VAPSCPNEW : entities being added

* VARSCP : ????

I do not quite understand what the last one is for. I would also like to know if I can change (via a business rule?) how the system uses it. I have a scenario where I have no change in my ownership data, however the system still posts to the VARSCP element on a datasrc which we populate with a script. Essentially it reverses out the opening balance value via the VARSCP element.

So, can I change how the system behaves here?

Thanks,

Arnold

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arnold,

Can you Please share how the other flow types work? Does BPC automatically reverse opening balances after a change in scope is made? I have a method 800 for Leaving during the year, and need to reverse opening balances. However, the system is not doing it automatically, neither are automatic adjustment rules working for data in OPENING type flow.

Is there some configuration that I am missing?

thanks in advance

Kshitij

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kshitij,

it does do that for me. When I have for example a change from 80% to 85%, BPC automatically adjusts the opening balance value on the flow with type VARSCPPERC.

BR,

Arnold

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arnold,

I have all the flow types set up in subtables dimension. (VARSCPPERC, VARSCPMETH, VARSCPLEAV etc), and a working consolidation environment. (Currency conversion, rules for goodwill and minority calculations and eliminations). Everything else is working fine except the adjustments on scope changes. Can you share if you had a similar experience? what might be the place i should check out?

Apart from above, do automatic adjustments not work in data with OPENING flow type?

thanks in advance

Kshitij