cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with i5Chart object while running on IE 9 Quirks Document Mode.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working on i5Chart Object, the object properties and methods are working fine on IE 9 standerds  Document mode, but these methods are not supporting on IE 9 Quirks Document Mode.

I am getting following error while running code on IE 9 Quirks Document Mode.

Please help on this issue.

Thanks

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Private_Member_14935
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Try running the page by forcing it to use "IE 9 standards" mode instead of "Quirks" mode, SAPUI5 does have issues when run in Quirks mode.

However, this error usually comes when you try running the code in browser version lower than IE9, because support for Object.keys is made available only IE9 onwards. But you are anyway using IE9.

Try changing Quirks mode and let us know if this helps.

Regards,

Ria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ria,

Thanks to reply.

When we  are running the page from workbench the page opens in "IE 9 standards" mode and it works properly. Now i am running the page from mii home navigation here (By default) it opens in "Quirks" mode.

When I forced to run the page in "IE 9 standards" mode instead of "Quirks" mode in Navigation my home page is not opening properly, even links in the navigation does not work.

Regards

Venkat

Private_Member_14935
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

This is a known issue with SAPUI5 content in MII portal page. However you can go by Christian's suggestion of opening the UI5 content in a new window if it is ok in your scenario.

Regards,

Ria

former_member185280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can find some info and a possible solution for this issue here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8306294/script438-object-doesnt-support-property-or-method-keys-f...

Or search for "object doesnt support property or methods keys" with google etc.

Regards,
Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Thanks to reply.

This error is not in my JS file. This is in linked JS file in "XMII/javascript/boostrap.js", then how can i handel this issue.

regards

venkat

former_member185280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually its not so much an error but that the IE9 javascript engine does not support the keys method in Quirks mode. There is nothing stopping you from checking for this and including your own implementation. Alternatively you can try opening your page in a new window instead of within the MII portal.

Regards,
Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Christian for your suggestion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ria