cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DEFAULT PO TYPE IN MD04

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, I am in ECC6 and I have the following problem:

purchase requisition type NB is used for all the companies. This type links a lot of different Purchase order types.

When I try to convert PR into PO from MD04, the system takes automatically PO type NB even if in the user parameter and in default setting of PO the user has different type.

How can I do to select a different PO type?

regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

You can find go to the customizing SPRO --> Materials Management --> Consumption based planning --> procurement proposals --> Define Order Profile. In here you can maintain the default document type.

Also check the planning --> Procurement proposals section in consumption based planning. You can define the default doc type for  given MRP group.

Thank you.

former_member183155
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all ;

I think that problem is related with referance to PR in user parameter EVO.

Go to --> SU01 tcode and look parameters tab and record EVO parameter.

Go to --> OMFI tcode , select related default values.

if ref to pr is selected , NB will be copied whn you convert pr to po from mrp list.

Regards.

M.Ozgur Unal

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my parameter EVO is not selected

but it doesn't work!!

from my understood is not linked to the po type this parameter...

br

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you set any document default document type in the path: OLME - Define Default Values for Document Type, for ME21N or ME21, system will take the document type. If no default document type is maintained there, system will take NB as the default doc type.

The system design is well explained in the note: 352710 - MD04: Converting PReq to PO: document type incorrect

Regards,

AKPT

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have already found that note.

this is the reason why I specified that I AM IN ECC6.

This is not true in ecc6.

br

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The design as of release 4.70 is also mentioned in the above note. The note suggests to check another note: 114213 - ME59: Determining the order document type for releases above 4.7. Check the note and revert back.

Regards,

AKPT

Former Member
0 Kudos

but is for me59 , my problem is for md04..

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As of my knowledge, the same logic applies for MD04 also. The note:  352710 (which applicable for MD04 only), mentioned that the design logic for release as of 4.7 is as per the note: 114213

You may test the same with configuration mentioned in the step and check whether the system is behaving correctly.

Regards,

AKPT

former_member197616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What kind of document types you have in your system ?

Is it that you want have the PO other document types like UB , FB etc or you want to have a PO with item categiry / account assignment category ?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

pURCHASE REQUISITION NB.

This could be converted in more than 15 po type. (nb, mnb,zbb etc etc).

I want to drive the po type when i convert the pr into PO from MD04.

I have no problem from ME21N or ME57 (by default setting of user). BUT from MD04 default user setting is not taken into account.

br

former_member197616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the proper linking of the PR with the PO document type at spro--mm--purchasing---PO--document types

and please check the order type / document type assigned for MRP .

I think if you get a PR at MRP stage itself for the desired document type system will take the PO for that document type only .

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

my problem is not the PR!!!! PR is correct! the problem is PO TYPE when i convert the PR into po!!