Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to display space on main area in smartform table...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have scenario like, when the smart form layout printing if the table didn't have entries i need to show empty space in main area based on window size.

But now if the table didn't have any entries the footer will be displaying after header. Please see the attachment.

Can any one please suggest on this issue.

Thanks,

Ashok.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok Kumar,

Create an empty text element in any of the table row. Do not enter anything it should be empty.
It will then print main window even though there are no entries.
Regards,
Giri

9 REPLIES 9

vikas_mulay2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

It seems as if the Footer is of the Main Window?

Do u wish to display the Footer content on all the pages?

Regards,

Vikas

0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

The footer is on main window, i need to display footer in all pages.

But initially if the there is no entries, it prints only one page. In this case i need space on main area.

Thanks,

Ashok.

vikas_mulay2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

If i had understood youre requirement correctly then,I will suggest you to create a seperate Window(Secondary Window) for Footer instead of placing it in the Main Window since the footer will not be displayed on multiple pages if it is placedin Main Window(It will be dispalyed only once).

The layout will look as below:

The below layout will ensure that footer is dispalyed at the end of each page and also display blank space if no line item exists..

Regards,

Vikas

rajkumarnarasimman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ashok,

The Footer inside the Main window, usually used for displaying the Total Value for the Table items. If the table line items are not available, then form will contains Main_header and Main_footer in the screen without any space.

In order to have footer at the bottom, it is required to create a new window for Footer which contains the output attributes(Upper Margin, Left Margin, Height and Width). Using condition, we can display the footer window either in all the pages or in the last page.

Regards

Rajkumar Narasimman

0 Kudos

Hi,

for footer window check there are check boxes in the output options of the window there you can make it at the end of main window.

former_member187651
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ashok,

Don't insert your footer inside the Main window of your form. Hence, create new Secondary window at the end of page and use that footer window to each page or link the same page as next page.

It will solve your problem.

Regards,

Chandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok Kumar,

Create an empty text element in any of the table row. Do not enter anything it should be empty.
It will then print main window even though there are no entries.
Regards,
Giri

0 Kudos

Hi Giri,

Thanks for reply, As you suggested  i created text element in main area column. And also t i just maintained some few row  as space by clicking space bar. Now the output seems good.

Thanks,

Ashok.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

An obvious solution would be to add a node with a blank line (text node or template with 1 line) and a condition 'if <table> is initial'. Have you tried that?