cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we toggle the display of Key/Text in Webi prompt?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

We have a BOBJ 4.0 and BW 7.1 system. We have developed a webi report on top of BW BEx query. We have created 3 variables in BW BEx Query and they appear as prompts in webi. The prompt variables in webi display both the key and text when the list of values are refreshed. The business wants to see the key first and the text later on the webi prompt. I have tried modifying the BEx query to say just 'Key' or 'Key and Text' but none seems to have any effect on webi.

I have attached the screenshot from our webi prompt which displays all the material text first and the material number (key) next to it. Is there any option of bringing the key first and the text later in the webi prompt? Creating a universe or creating the prompts directly on the webi report is not an option at this time.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Points will be rewarded!

Thanks,

G.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Goutham,

Material No is concatenation of both KEY and TEXT. So, At universe level go to object "MATERIAL NO", make this change KEY || TEXT instead TEXT || KEY and now try to run your prompt.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subbarao/Sujatha,

We have our report on top of BEx query as I mentioned, and NOT on top of universe! Creating the report on top of Universe is not an option for us at this time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately not possible today to implement what you are looking for.

Best regards,

Victor

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Goutham,

seems your report on top of universe...

hence you need to refresh universe structure.. in order to make changes reflect in the universe..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gowtham,

I hope your question is about Prompt Text only right! i.e., something like "Enter Region". This text appears only when you refresh the report and want to pass a new prompt value, after selecting a particular value, that prompt window dissapears. So again where do you want to see the prompt text as you wanted to toggle it.. Can you clarify about your requirement..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nirupa,

I am sorry if I wasn't clear in my requirement. The requirement is to have the Key display first and then the text next to it. If you see the attached screenshot, in the highlighted area, we have the text first and then the key next to it.

I tried making many changes to the BEx variable and the BEx Query but this order of text first and key next in the prompts does not seem to change. Is there a way to change this behavior of the webi prompts? Again, all the 3 prompts are created on BEx query designer as variables and there are no variables created on webi.