Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Excel Download from SE16N

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

I have a issue. I am following a standard process. I am downloading a  Table in excel from SE16N.

There are two columns in table as FROM DATE and TO DATE which has values 01.01.0001  and 31.12.9999 for all rows.

Why these dates are like this is different issue.

So when we download the table data and check the excel sheet, for FROM DATE column the values shown in excel sheet are "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" unlimited  for all rows in excel.

Now my question is is this Standard SAP Behaviour or I am Missing something.

With Warm Regards

Mangesh Pande

5 REPLIES 5

former_member194739
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Pande,

Your 'to date' exceeded for sy-datum. That's why some garbage collected system. so give 'to date' only today date(sy-datum).

Regards,

Abbas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pande,

Yes, it is a "standard" behaviour. Your excel is determining value -693596, a negative date. First day in excel is 1-1-1900 I believe, a lot larger than 1-1-0001.

Regards,

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can find out easily, if it is SAP-related or excel-related if you look at the excel file directly from total commander or some other tool that will not start to format the file immediately.

SAP knows the first date since 1.1.1800, so the issue could have been there too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I feel the issue seems to be with the excel.Have you tried saving the sheet in different version. ( from 97-2003/10).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Try from se16 instead se16n.

Edit -> Download -> Spreadsheet -> (put a name and extension .xls) - > Generate

It generates a basic sheet and download dates in external format (XX.XX.XXXX)

Regards!!