Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging and preview screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

While I am debugging a report, is it possible to view the window that is building or the alv that is showing step by step according I am debugging the report?

Thanks for your help.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you want to know the entries that will be displayed in ALV finally?

0 Kudos

Hi,

I know the entries, that's the internal table I give to ALV FM, I am building a report with many ALVs, so according I am debugging I wonder if it is possible  to preview each complete ALV that is painting at screen.

thanks for answering.

0 Kudos

Enrique,

It is possible to see the o/p in an ALV format even before the output is displayed. But it will not have any of the custom buttons you might have added.

In the new debugger, open the internal table which is to be displayed in the o/p. The click on the button "table display in ALV" to view the o/p.

0 Kudos

Hello Enrique,

Yes, you can see what is in the internal table before it is passed over for output.

Just identify what internal table is passed to output.

( Attach the source code, then we will help in identifying the internal table.)

If the report is using the function module REUSE_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY, check what is assigned to t_outtab.

If the method SET_TABLE_FOR_FIRST_DISPLAY is used, then check what is assigned to it_outtab.

Assigned to any of the above is the internal table you can view in debug mode.

Cheers,

John.

former_member194739
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.