cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To Validate and update Profit Center Value During posting in MIGO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am trying to validate and update profit center value in MIGO against a custom table during GR posting.if the profit center value differs,against the custom table value, i have to update the profit center value in MIGO before or during posting to MSEG table.

I tried chaging the value of profit center during debug mode using BADI's MB_MIGO_ITEM_BADI  & MB_MIGO_BADI but i was getting a warning message

BAdI: Field
GOITEM-PRCTR not ready to accept input (Change will not be adopted)”.

so the value was not getting updated since GOITEM-PRCTR is a non-editable field.any BADI was not working for this task.is there a way i can make the field editable?

also i tried using exit EXIT_SAPMM07M_001 but this exit did not have any importing or changing parameters related to profit center PRCTR.

There were other exits in migo but i was not able to use it for this task.

Can you please provide a solution to this?

Best regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here the business requirement is as follow:

This is only relevant for procurement Scenario, Where we are
Creating PO against some purpose, so business aim is to capture the Profit
Center- ABC for PO creation, it will be taken from Material master as per
standard SAP. But business needs, during GR, we shall use other Profit Center
XYZ which would be actual Profit Center.

EXIT_SAPLIE01_007 served the purpose of validating and updating profit center in table MSEG by including my logic.

here one  issue is the Accounting Document is having the old profit center values on the screen.i have to update the screen field value with the new one as well.how do i update the screen field(PRCTR) value?

Thanks

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

See the recommendations in SAP Note 978159 - Problem with profit center determination, and related notes

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please elaborate your requirement ? Why do you want to change the Profit Center value during MIGO.

Why dont you validate your master data settings and make the necessary changes to avoid any wrong postings ?

Thanks,

ajitkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

profit centers are often derived from the material or the account assignment object ( like the PC of the cost center, in the order etc ); i think it will create inconsistency if you change the PC while doing GR.

for E.g you change the PC in GR ; now what happens when you sell that material, which is 601 and not done thru a MIGO in the foreground ?