cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to setup background job for QI06

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We have massive QIR to create and the volumn is extremely big to run in foreground in QI06.

Can you show me the steps to setup QI06 to run in background, and how to view if the background job is complete, etc.

Appreciate millions.

Tuffy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member210331
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Dear Daniel,

Unfortunately I have to tell you that the report RQBAAM10 can't be executed in the background. This is not considered an error and complies with the SAP standard.

If you run the transaction QI06 in the dialog mode you get a list where you must manually select
the entries. This step isn't possible in the background.

I'm sorry that I can not give a positive response.

Kind regards,
James

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Just enter all the details in QI06. like:

Complete list of Materials in Material field +plant+ vendor. ( if you have one plant then its ok and if you have same material with different plant and vendor combination then better to set variants plant wise)

ENter rlease until, model inspection type ( if you have any )

Now. goto Program and there is an option for EXECUTE in BCKGRND. clcik on it .

Provide background job name and time for its job start and period ( If you want periodic job like monthly, weekly or daily etc.)

then execute it.

and monitor the job via SM37.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

done all that. it does not work. all it provides is a list of records with a grene agains them. In the foreground you save it to create the QIRs. But how do I do the same in the background ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

if its works in foregrnd than same functionality in bckgrnd will happen only thing is to create job name and setting correctly.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

how ? u think I did not try before posting here ? If there is a way then its something my tiny brain cannot see.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can run the programme in backgorund by selecting execute in background from menu bar

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

QI06 is for a mass maintenance of QIR, I don't think we can do it in Background though the option is available for a program. 

Create LSMW for QI01 instead. And run it in a background.

You can view background jobs overview in SM37.

Amol.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

You are wrong.. there is a way to run background to perform the mass update.

But thanks.

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

Going to Program>Execute in Background does not update QIR. I tried, but QIR were not updating.. If it does, I am not aware of it.

Anyway, If there is a way, Have you got any hints? it will be worth exploring for me.

Amol.

Former Member
0 Kudos

did u figure a way to do this ? I am facing the exact same issue ? Background does not work.