cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMP 2.3 SP04 Install

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to install SMP 2.3 SP 04 directly. Its not asking for the license information. When I refer the SAP documentation they are asking us to fill the license information. But there is no place to provide license during the install procedure. Did anyone experience the same? Please help me on this issue.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as I know, the SMP 2.3 SP04 install does not require a license file anymore.

Thanks,

Andrew.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Andrew.

If it doesn't require the license file then how it will maintain the device count. Is that unlimited?

And we have a option to generate the license file in service market place for all versions including SMP 2.3 and SMP 3.0.

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew, in general, we should install smp 2.3 (base version) first and then should apply service pack. (SP04).. isnt it?

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Is this issue resolved?

Rgrds,

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. No license required for SMP 2.3.4

I have got a verbal confirmation from SAP.

I'm waiting for the official confirmation or some documentation from SAP.

We have installed in our QA and PROD environment. Its working fine.

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Fantastic !! Btw Andrew Lee who has replied above is from SAP only.

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Just now i installed SMP 2.3SP04 mobile SDK on a machine where no instance of SUP/SMP was running earlier and i didnt see any step where it was asking for license.

But as per document   SyBooks Online it should ask.

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you installing a patch or SDK ? I had installed SMP 2.3 SDK and was asked for license.

Midhun VP

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

from SMP 2.3SP04 mobile SDK, we can directly install it. SyBooks Online

It is a complete and separate SDK.

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you trying to install the Runtime or SDK ? For both license is needed.

If you are installing a SDK inside a Runtime which is already applied with license, the license for SDK will not be asked. Your case looks similar, you may be trying to install the SDK in the SMP server which is applied with license.

Midhun VP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert,

We have same problem.

It is true that the SP04 does not ask license or have to do some post process to install the license?.

We installed SP04 and asked us not license but we are not sure if the installation is correct.

Please your help.

Thanks!.

Humberto.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Humberto,

SMP 2.3 SP04 doesn't need license or license server. I have installed dev and prod environment and it's working fine without any issues. We migrated our application and deployed on these servers.

Let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks,

Santiago

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Installing SMP 2.3 SP04 directly? SMP runtime?You installed SMP 2.3 first and then applying service pack SP04? right?

Had you installed any sup/smp version already on the same machine and had applied license?

Rgrds,

Jitendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jitendra,

Its SMP runtime installation on Windows Server 2008 R2. I haven't install 2.3. I'm directly installing 2.3.4 package(51048066). Its a brand new server. No previous versions has been installed on this machine.

Please let me know if you need any other information.

Virinchy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The file 51048066 which you are actually installing is the 2.3 Runtime only , which does not prompt for license. But to actually work with SMP you need both runtime and SDK (51048068 ) , Agentry work - (Agentry framework and clients 51046292 , ,51048069 )

SDK will prompt for a license but not he runtime. and these(5104806851048066) are only the SMP 2.3 files .

The patches can be found at Support Packages and Patches  column as in screenshot. The patches are to be applied after the main SDK and runtime is installed .

You can find 2.3 SDK at Installations and upgrades -->M -->SAP Mobile PLatform SDK -->SAP Mobile Platorm SDK 2.3 -->Installation

once these are installed apply the patches downloading from Support packages Column

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Viru,

I don't SDK on the same machine. Since its a production environment I want to have only the SMP Runtime on this  server.

If SMP 2.3 Runtime doesn't ask for license then how it maintains the license and where we can provide the license information?

I have verified the support packages. It doesn't looks like that it has any fix for license.

Virinchy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I was actually wrong !  Runtime SDK prompts for the type of license ( Personal development or Enterprise Development )

Please check if you are not installing with personal development mode

THough this screenshot is of SUP , you might get a similar screen when installing SMP 2.3 where you can select the License product edition and License type.

A license key is to be genereated from service market place specifying the Hostname of the system on which is being installed .

PLease check this for the type of license to be obtained SyBooks Online and to be applied for production servers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Viru,

This is SUP 2.2 Installation. I'm talking about SMP 2.3.4 fresh install. I don't have any previous SUP/SMP version installed in this machine. If you have SMP 2.3 SP04 package then please try installing that and let me know if you get the license information screen.

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

This is the general procedure for installation SyBooks Online

CC: