Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDM 7.2 Interval ranges

former_member205095
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Does anyonye has implemented some kind of interval ranges?

when we create one identity we would like that the next empty mskeyvalue appears to the user on web user interface as a default value

e,g create user 001, after create a new user on the form appear 002

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Arvind,

There's no real rule on creating MSKEYVALUES, however I did something along those lines once. Take a look at this blog entry:

Hope it helps,

Matt

former_member205095
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Do you know if there is a way that when the user create an identity on web user interface the mskeyvalue created by the script be displayed on the screen?

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Arivind,

This might be possible using the , but I honestly don't know.  Typically after an account is created the information is then emailed to the user or to the user's manager.

Could be a neat idea to play with though...

Matt

jared_kobe
Participant
0 Kudos

Unless the MSKEYVALUE is something pre-calculated, I do not think it would be possible without using the REST interface to write a custom page.

As far as I have found, you cannot display something on the screen using an onSubmit AND have the data submitted for provisioning. That leaves the onLoad; as long as the MSKEYVALUE is something calculated without the use of the data that will be submitted, you *can* display it. You would have to worry about it going stale, though, if multiple users are creating identities.

It's been my experience that if you want to display a message or information on the screen for the end user, you will need to write your own task page. Now, I haven't been able to use the latest support packs, but I would assume the core framework for the standard pages is the same.

Answers (0)