cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Independent cost center management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

We have a requirement as follows and need your valuable experience and knowledge to support if possible:

1. Cost center will be basis for triggering the change in Org entity. (Time independent settings as standard)

2. Trigger Journal entry automatically to clear the balance in old cost center and load to new cost center, also tax posting if there is change in Tax Jud. based on cost center.

I have done some intial testing, by maintaining cost center as Time independent attribute, but it still asks to create time dependent interval, which if maintained does not post any journal.

Inputs much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

Pankaj B.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MarkusBredel
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

it asks you for new intervals because there are several attributes in the time-dependent master data which will continued to be handled time-dependent (e.g. shutdown indicator, etc.).

The system will only post G/L entries on cost center changes when the Profit Center will differ. Did you change the cost center on the asset time-dependent tab to a new one which has a different Profit Center in its master data assigned?

Regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

It completely makes sense what you said above.

I was more centric towards cost center change, ignoring Profit center as key attribute to determine posting or no.

May be if it would be possible for you to clear one more point:

System is generating the posting for only Accumulated Deprectiation posted, and since the A/d Account is not a cost element type 90. there is no associated cost center in line item.

Is there some configuration or some extended setting required to achieve the APC transfer posting with Accum Dep. posting Like actual transfer (ABUMN) or if you can guide about a user exit that can be implemented to achieve the desired results.

Thanks in Advance.

Pankaj Bansal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Everyone,

Confusion was around Profit center.

Its working fine as it should.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member351125
Contributor
0 Kudos

For your second requirement, there is no SAP standard configuration to do that. You can build a user exit on that but I suggest you should create a custom program that will do the logic for you, then create a job to run the custom program that will be trigerred if there is a change in the time dependent data.

Thanks!

Jhero

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jhero,

Thanks for valuable input.

Do you know any User exit which can be used in this case?

Pankaj B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jhero,

Can you help me understand what SAP means in Standard Documentation by the line Highlighted in Yellow,(Attached) i Really want to understand weather system generates auto Transfer posting or no.

Help much Appreciated:

NathanGenez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm curious why you don't test this yourself.  Activate the setting, create an asset, change its cost center, then look at the message that is issued when you save the record.  That would only take 5 minutes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nathan sir,

With due respect, apologies for my such question, but that question was not pointed to you.

Reply is optional, so bare with people for sake of professional courtesy to ask dumb questions, as you are the smartest and one of most senior and may be a role model for some people on this forum. (May be moderator also)

I will request moderator to look into such kind of professionally disturbed responses.

Pankaj Bansal

NathanGenez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You said --> "i Really want to understand weather system generates auto Transfer posting or no."  So, why not test this to see if a transfer posting takes place? 

You don't have a dumb question, I just don't know why you don't test it out in the system.  It's more fun and potentially more accurate (because you never what kind of junk you'll get on the internet, even here on SCN).  That's why I pointed it out.  This is a very small piece of functionality and it only takes a few minutes to figure out...  less time than it takes to get on the internet, search, post a question, monitor followups...  just test it out.

-nathan