Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate Integrated Planning for Cost Line Items posting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Based on this SAP Help link, there are two ways to create plan line items:

1) By adding the business transaction "Plan line items" to the user status of the WBS Element.

2) By activating Planning Integration a.k.a. Integrated Planning for version and WBS Element/Project Profile.

Option 1 works fine for me.

However, option 2 does not seem to be working when I activate it, contradicting the state from the link:

If planning integration is active in the fiscal-year-dependent parameters of the relevant planning versions, the system writes cost element planning line items for plan-integrated WBS elements, regardless of user status.

So far what I have customized is:

-In transaction OKEV, select the version, click on "Settings for Each Fiscal Year" and double click for the year. Then I mark both "Integrated Planning" and "Integrated planning with cost center/bus. processes" checkboxes.

-Activate "Integrated Planning" at Project Profile level: go to transaction OPSA, select Project Profile, go to tab "Controlling" and mark "Integrated Planning".

Nevertheless, when I post plan costs from transaction CJR2 using the customizing above (based on second option), I see no cost lines when running CJI4.

I wonder if there is something missing in customizing that allows me to see posted cost line items in CJI4. I would appreciate very much your help.

Many thanks and best regards,

Pablo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Check project controlling version because only one type of cost planning to be captured by one version.

if this is not a issue then check table COEP or master table RPSCO as well in RPSCO value type 1 represent plan cost for project object. so check plan cost is there or not?

Such in structure report WLP00 is the field where cost plan stored.

Regards,
Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

Many thanks for your help. Sorry for not replying sooner but I did not have access to SAP system during this period of time.

What do you mean when you suggest me to check project controlling version? A transaction code would be helpful.

When I use CJR2 to upload plan amounts, I enter the version 1. Which parameter should I change? In my previous post I detailed the parameters for this CO Version.

I select in CJR2 the layout to enter data by WBS Element/Cost Element/Activity type. I guess this answers to the question of which is my type of cost planning.

I have checked the values on SAP CO tables:

-Table COEP is not being updated.

-However, COSS and COBK are being updated.

-RPSCO is being updated for the period that I modify (for example, if I change value in period 4, it updates fields WLP04 and WTP04).

I would appreciate if you could provide me with further help to my issue.

Many thanks and best regards,

Pablo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pablo,

Just came across this thread,

Thought it might help you.

Let me know if it helps.

Regards,

Gokul

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I Guess Transaction code OKEV and path is Project System->Costs->Create CO Versions here you can check version which are created.

Version 01 --> Display costs in CJI4

Version 02 --> Don't display costs in CJI4

Regards,
Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

Many thanks for the link to that threat, Rachel Tang's reply on that discussion is very complete and included the answer to my question.

She comments that three points must be checked to activate Integration Planning:

1) Mark "Integrated Planning" at CO Version/Year level (SPRO > Controlling > General Controlling > Organization > Maintain versions).

2) Mark "Integrated Planning with costs centers/bus. processes" at CO Version/Year level (same transaction).

3) Ensure WBS Element has Integration Planning marked (PRPS-PLINT = X). [It looks like this is done automatically by marking Project Integration at Project Profile level BEFORE project is created]

In my case, I had first and second steps correct. However, even though I had marked Integration Planning at Project Profile level, it seems that already created Project Definitions are not updated with new Integrated Planning value after it is changed at Project Profile level.

Maybe it is possible to modify WBS Element's Integration Planning flag manually (though SAP OSS Note 301917 states that this is impossible), otherwise I could never achieve Integration Planning for already created projects.

In my case it would be more suitable to use the alternative of adding Business Transaction "Write plan line items" to User Status.

Many thanks to Sanjeev and Gokul for your help.

Best regards,

Pablo

Answers (0)