Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ME23N restrict IDOC creation and keep traffic light yellow

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement in which I need to restrict the EDI IDOC if there are errors in the PO. Also as the IDOC is not created the messages (type NEU) should remain with the yellow traffic light as the IDOC is not processed. What would be the best approach to keep the traffic light yellow , I have identified the point to restrict IDOC creation but the traffic light is set to red.

Thanks,
Esha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Holding output from processing would be too cumbersome, but we can easily prevent the output creation by adding a custom requirement routine to the output type. Only when the specific criteria is met (i.e. no errors), the output would be generated and then processed.

Search for 'VOFM output requirement' for more detail.

5 REPLIES 5

Mohamed_Mukhtar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Esha,

Debug the form  nast_update in RSNAST00 and this is the place where all updates related to NAST are done.

Thanks.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Holding output from processing would be too cumbersome, but we can easily prevent the output creation by adding a custom requirement routine to the output type. Only when the specific criteria is met (i.e. no errors), the output would be generated and then processed.

Search for 'VOFM output requirement' for more detail.

0 Kudos

Hi Jelena,

Thanks for the approach, I've been exploring the VOFM output possiblities.However, as the output type ''NEU" is used across various transmission mediums, is it possible to restrict the conditions only for a certain transmission medium in the output type?

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't believe it's possible to restrict only specific medium because the medium is actually determined later from the condition records. In such case I'd suggest to create a custom output type, which is not difficult to do.

jitendra_it
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Esha,

I have identified the point tojavascript:; restrict IDOC creation but the traffic light is set to red.

Yellow light in Output type shows its Not Processed. If you are talking about exits EXIT_SAPLEINM_002/EXIT_SAPLEINM_011 they come into picture when Output type processing started. So ultimately they will have either Success/Error status.

Even by setting sy-msgty = 'W'  in EXIT_SAPLEINM_002 and raising exception will not help.

You can play around with FMs mentioned in group WMCP and can check.