Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Personas - Performance Testing using LR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are attempting to do Performance Testing on SAP Personas. For that end, we are trying to create some script using LR. However, there is a parameter which seems to contain some session information and we have been unable to locate it on the server response in order to correlate it.

This is the parameter I am referring to which appears on the LR recording:

web_custom_request

("xml",

"URL=http://myserver:8001/sap(cz1TSUQlM2FBTk9OJTNhc2FweHJhX1hSQV8wMSUzYTRvUElUSmNyX2x3VmhwRkJ2aHhMT1RDQzVsbGxOZFZULS1JZjBIUVktQVR)/restgui/batch/xml",

At this point, the script fails with a HTTP 400 message.

I found certain similarity between the string above and the one on included on a cookie, almost at the start of the recording:

set-cookie: sap-appcontext=c2FwLXNlc3Npb25pZD1TSUQlM2FBTk9OJTNhc2FweHJhX1hSQV8wMSUzYTRvUElZNER1YnB6Wk9mNlV2dExtbDJTOWwxbGxOZFZUOXZKQjBXckItQVRU; path=/sap(bD1lbiZjPTEwMA==)/bc/bsp/persos/mainapp

Notice how from the strings match on 40+ characters...

As for the other part of the sting, it does not appear anywhere on the server response.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

BTW, we are using LR 11.00

1 REPLY 1

TobiasQueck
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

I have never worked with LR but I can help you understanding the sequence of requests.

Before the first post request ending with restgui/batch/xml is sent, there should be a get request ending with /restgui/newsession?sap-client=XXX. The response to this request contains the session ID you are looking for in its body.

Cheers,
Tobias.