cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Income Statement in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am currently trying to create an income statement in SAP.  Currently we pull all transactional data out of SAP into excel and use a concatenation of the GL account and cost center to map the transaction to the appropriate financial statement caption.  I would like to have this happen in SAP as opposed to in excel.  Ultimately I would like to create a mapping in SAP based on the GL account cost center combination that I am hoping to create.  Does anyone have any experience with a similar issue? 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you both for your help.  Due to its cost I think we are going to utilize the report painter tool.  It sounds like it is going to take more time to create but should be more cost effective.

Chris

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The tool in sap is report painter. However it has a limitation that it can't have 2 lead columns.

For your case, you will need 2 of them for GL and CC. So, I can think of an Abap report

Br. Ajay M

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You cannot have two lead columns, as Ajay mentioned, but you can still manage with Report Painter, by creating rows on the lead column, with the required combination of cost centres.

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eli

Good suggestion.. This means the Cost element and the Cost Center will have to be hard coded in each row of the report

Only flip side I see is each time a GL account or CC is added, the report will have to be modified

May be,  If one is on New GL, a report from FGI4 can be made using FORM TYPE = FAGLFLEXS Reporting for FAGLFLEXT.. Select both CC and CE as a characteristic in the report for drilldown

Now, this report can be executed in ALV option and it will give you CC and CE side by side..

Br. Ajay M

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, that's the disadvantage of Report Painter: hard coded values. But, if it is for income statement and ranges could be used, then it's not so inconvenient. Of course, ALV ABAP report will be much more flexible solution... FAGLFLEXT would be useful only if CO allocations are integrated in New G/L: otherwise, one still has to base the report on CO tables.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eli and Ajay,

Thank you for your responses.  Unfortunately we are not using new GL and are pulling from the BSEG tables as opposed to FAG.  Is there a way to perform these tasks in BSEG or does it only happen in FAG?

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BSEG is not the table you have to work with for CO data. For totals it should be COSP and COSS and for details COEP. If you decide to work with Report Painter, then you can base your report on existing library (1VK for cost centres).

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris

You have 2 options

1. Abap report- make it once and it will extract Cost elements and Cost center side by side

2. Report painter - you can hard code CE and CC in each row. Whenever a new CE or CC is added, you need to enhance your report

I will go with option 1

Br. Ajay M