Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Container Capacity Check in PO

former_member220522
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When creating PO for several items and each item has a dimension for example material ordered in boxes or pallets the space and height for each box is known, based on the international standard for the container capacity is it possible that the system issue a message to inform the user that 99% of the container capacity is reached based on the total entered quantities of the requested materials.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please  go through  this link

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-10325

former_member220522
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies

But i did not work with BADIs before so could you please help me where and how to use it.

Thanks You

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A BADI involves coding, so you have to ask someone who knows how to code.

The BADI is the one I said above, go to SE19, choose create new implementation, and put that BADI.

Then you have to implement the code inside method CHECK, and activate.

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check with your ABAPer. Its purely development work.

Regards,

AKPT

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to maintain the container capacity in some additional field in PO or you have to maintain a z table to maintain the container size based on any other criteria.

You may use the BAdI: ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST, to check and compare the container capacity and issue message accordingly.

However, I have doubt that how it will work practically. Because, for comparing the capacity, you will be comparing the volume only. In some cases, even though volume is available (as per calculation), the space wont be enough to accommodate the calculated number of  boxes. It depends on the product you are handling. To incorporate this issue, you may give warning message for slightly lower volume, like 94-95%.

Regards,

AKPT

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, there is no standard functionality that does that.

You can use BADI ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST, method CHECK, to implement that warning.