cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove the currency USD from the value displayed from an attribute, not a key figure ina bex query?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a query with one of the attribute called "Previous salary" of EMPLOYEE displayed in the format of "USD 234,100.00", but users want onlu numbers (234,100) without USD. How to remove USD from the value displayed from an attribute. I couldn't use NODIM becasue it's not a key figure? Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello B Z,

Rajesh first option is right . You can use a Formula Variable with replacement path. And in the replacement path of this formula variable you can select attributes as shown below . In this example i have shown Customers attributes . And then apply a nodim on this formula variable.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

bmalyadri
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to use the scaling factor display options in run time.

Go to Query properties -- > Display Options --- > check the display scaling factors.

If you enable this option currency will be displayed with scaling factor  only and result value will show as without currency. Please find the below example.

Ex:

Country                                      Price    Sales  Revenue

USD            10USD                      100     200     50

( scaling factor)

Regards

Malyadri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank you very much for your help. My problem is resolved by creating a formula variable. I don't use this site very often, please let me know how to reward points to you for all your help.

Thanks again,

BZ

former_member183012
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi BZ,

When you click on some one's ans as helful and answred that will automatically rewarded.

Regards,

Ganesh Bothe

rathy_moorthy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create a formula variable with replacement path on that characteristic master data. Select this attribute as the replace by value , then in the formula variable properties, choose offset details (offset start and offset length) appropriately

hope it helps

Regards,

Rathy

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do not "Display Scaling Factors" for your KF in query. Then USD will appear in KF heading.

former_member183012
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi BZ,

Can you try with RKF and CKF use data fuction in CKF Left or Right etc..

try this.

Hope it will helpful.

Regards,

Ganesh Bothe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

Thanks for your reply. I did try to create a RKF or CKF, but the attribute is not available in the list I can choose from. Only the KFs appear when I try to create CKF, and the KFs and reglular characteristics appear when I try to create a RKF.

Best Regards,

Bing Z.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BZ,

1) You can  use the forumula using replacement  path varaible to read the attributes of the master data ( Key figure).. Then  you keep a NODIM for that keyfigure. That should solve the problem.

2 ) if you have BO team ,ask them  to remove it otherwise.

Option 1 will work for Bex.

Regards,

Rajesh