cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PR created through MRP without source of supply eventhough source list maintained

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have maintained source list with correct vaidity date, puchage organization, vendor, MRP as 1 and fixed vendor ticketed. In material master purchasing view, i have checked Auto PO indicator and source list. I have maintained info recored with palnt and purchage organization level. But when i create PO through MRP, source of supply not updated in PR.

Please help me on this. Thanks in advance!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

yang_bai
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please refer to Note 206684 for the necessary prerequisites for a successful

source determination during the MRP run.

Also please check if Note '32900 - Allocating source of supply f. PReq in network & prod. order'
helps.

Best regards,
Yang

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suspect that the problem with MRP controller. Because all the materials which is maintianed with MRP controller XXX does not update source of supply automatically

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

If you want further assistance, please provide screenshots.

BR

Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

MRP is creating a PR, in PR purchase organization and vendor is not updated automatically.

In material master, MRP view is maintained, Purcasing view Auto PO indicator and source list indicator is checked.

Soucer list also maintained with correct date, MRP as 1.

Please clarify

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this is not the required information, this is just repeating the same what you already said before.

But it is you who want a solution, it is not me who is desperate to give a solution.

A source list can have some thousand lines or just one, the info "Soucer list also maintained with correct date, MRP as 1."  is just useless, not to say that SAP does not even have a Soucer list . If everything was correct then it should work as designed and like it does in the systems of all people you tried to help you.

how many items does your source list have?

How many items do have MRP indicators?

What fields are maintained in your source list item, that is supposed to be found?

you never replied if you have read all OSS notes from Caetano's reply to you.

Or can it be that you just ignored this because you do not have access to those OSS notes and you are too shy to tell this?

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Please send screenshots of your source list and MD05.

BR

Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

only one line item maintained in source list.

Valid from, valid to, vendor, Porg, OUn, Fix indicator and MRP fields are maintained

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

Do you see any rescheduling message on MD05?

If there is a rescheduling message, the source list must be valid on the rescheduling date.

As I previously mentioned, please provide screenshots of MD05 and the source list

BR

Caetano

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What I see right now is a kind of confusing.which tells me in turn that the process is not understood which rather indicates  master data issues than technical issues.

• MRP does not create POs.
  • fixed vendor indicator in source list is not considered during MRP

Hence the entire part of the discussion about auto PO indicator is useless and has nothing do with the case that a source is not assigned when running MRP

bring some facts (screenshots) as evidence that your dates and master data setup is correct.

Present the relevant screenshots from your source list, from material master, from stock requirements list, etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any technical Debug ????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sathish

Your config from your description is correct. Seems to be a technical error.
Before debuggin, can you check if the source of supply you mentioned in the sourcelist is valid. For ths you can try creating the PO with "assign source of supply" and check if any error occurs. If there is no error, either debug or reach to SAP. There is no issues in your material master or sourcelist

regards
Vivek Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Source list maintained with MRP as 1, and correct validity. Material master and vendor master has marked with Auto PO. Still purchase organization is not copied to a purchase requisition created by MRP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Auto Po field should be ticked in Material master & vendor master as well.

Regards,

Renuga.A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post the screen shot of source list and info record

Former Member
0 Kudos

What does it show when you click on Assign source of supply in the unassigned PR?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Can you please check if you have maintained the MRP data in material master and also the 'auto Po' is checked in vendor master?

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes i have maintained MRP data in material master and Auto PO is checked. Still no luck

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

The most common cause of this issue is the validity of the source list.

Please observe that MRP checks the source list validity against the requirement date, therefore, if the requirement that is generating the purchase requisition is outside the source list validity, it will not be considered.

If this information is not helpful, check the following document that I wrote about the most common issues in source determination on MRP:

BR

Caetano