Any prebuilt dashboard/ reports?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Assuming that Auditing is configured,:Sample Audit Webi Reports:

1/ Locate the Audit Biar file under
C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\Samples\auditing_rpt_en.biar

2/Import the reports to Repository using Import Wizard (above BIAR as Source)

3/Run the reports using webi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dont see auditing_rpt_en.biar under 'Samples' folder on my laptop.

Under 'Samples' I see below folders

customds

en

webi

I can say auditing is configured since I see data when I create adhoc report in 'Activity Universe'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Vishal,

U must be having auditing_rpt_en.biar in ....\Samles\en\

Please take file from that and use import wizard with source as destination and export it to repository..

after that Please goto CMC-->Folders -->>Auditor-->en->

these are the list of BIAR files.. if u click any one u can get audit reports suppose u have clicked on Most Accessed Documents -->

Most Accessed Documents -By edits.. if u run the reports u have option Webi then u can get WEBI  rep...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nope dont have, under 'en' folder I see

Reports

UniverseSamples

Under 'Reports' i see

Demonstration

Feature Samples

Financial

Report Data

I did *audit* search and nothing in Bo Enterprise folder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok u think u need M29.cab folder in that u will have auditing_rpt_en.biar

Follow these steps:

m29.cab is in the downloaded BO win32 directory.

You already have the file in the setup directory in win32 folder, you would just need to open it, extract the file ( auditing_rpt_en.BIAR.abcxyz)

Now extract the file, and remove the contents after "BIAR", i.e. auditing_rpt_en.BIAR.

Now do the same for your universe. Select the appropriate BIAR file, i.e. auditing_db_oracle.biar.

Now use the import wizard to export the reports to the repository first, and then the universe.

Now you have the universe and reports both in the repository.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think this going to take time, I will be better off developing adhoc stuff.

My requirement is to find out duplicate reports , Excution rate , Unused report , dates last used  of each report ?

How can I achieve this using adhoc universe?

Need specific details

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where is this? - m29.cab is in the downloaded BO win32 directory.

give exact path - i cannot locate it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any good documentation on Activity universe - what each field means - each event - each action?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,.

Everything you want to know about the Audit tables is fully explained in detail within XI 3.1 Admin Guide, see link below.

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir31SP3/en/xi31_sp3_bip_admin_en.pdf

In this u have evything: What Each sample reports does... what is action name , Action type.. everything in activity universe.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

For unused reports:

Check the condition - Refreshed

For :dates last used

LastExecutionDate() which can be used to determine the last time the report was refreshed.

For rest: See this Blog:

Hope it helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

i found this...
How to manually upload Activity Universe :

2. Open the Enterprise installation folder and navigate to SetUp\Package\...

3. Open the audit_bi.cab file using any unzip utility.

4. Extract the following files:

(a)For Auditing Universe, depending on the type of database server, extract auditing_db_DatabaseName.biar.EC96EADD_9CD7_439E_BA9A_B0C1066E411E.

(b)For Auditing reports, extract auditing_rpt_enbiar.EC96EADD_9CD7_439E_BA9A_B0C1066E411E.

5. From both the file, remove the random extension after '.biar' in the filename.

6. Run the Import Wizard to extract the Universe to the Enterprise from first file.

7. Open the Universe Designer and Import the "Activity" Universe to local disk.

8. Open the Universe connection parameter and make the appropriate connection to the Auditing database.

9. Save the Universe and Export it back to the Enterprise.

10. Run the Import Wizard again to import the preconfigured sample reports from the second file. Make sure not to overwrite existing Universe.

11. If the Universe is replaced, then we need to perform Step 6 through Step 8 once again.

12. Login to the Infoview or Central Management Console (CMC) to run the reports.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can I get below info using activity universe?

My requirement is to find out duplicate reports , Excution rate , Unused report , dates last used  of each report

if yes, which fields?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Go through the following links. I think these links helps you.

The below link contains list of sample Auditing Universes.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/40711187-04e8-2d10-d190-851e20c7665a

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujitha

he is using boxi 3.1 .. I dont have boxi 3.1 Audit.BIar if u have can u please upload them..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since u are telling me auditor folderis enabled can u please goto CMC--? Folder--> Auditor--> En

there u will have all sample reports , please execute them if not working post them..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharma,

I am working on SAP BI 4.0. Even I too don't have BOXI 3.1 AUDIT BIAR File.  I didn't observe 3.1,  actually he cant open those sample universes as they are all in IDT.

Regards,

G.Sujitha

Answers (0)