cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extend or customize a Syclo-based app with a new full functionality

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As a requirement, I need to customize and extend a syclo-based App (Inventory Manager), with a complete new functionality which not included on the standard version. Looking for documentation that tells me how to do this, I have found a blog which confirm this can be done ( http://scn.sap.com/people/raymond.zhang/blog/2013/07/31/syclo-based-sap-mobile-application-deploymen...).

Now, I just wondering if there is any official documentation  where it's describe in detail the steps I must follow in order to complete my requirement or a HowTo Guide. I just find out a documentation which describe how to include a field, hide it or do a minor customization, but as my requirement is more complex, i would appreciate to you guys kindly give me some lights about the procedure I have to follow. I'll appreciate any help you can give me...

Best Regards,

MC

PS: I have requested an account for syclo resource center, but I did not receive the confirmation

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mariana,

If you requested the account in SRC without using a corporate email address, it will not process.  In other words, hotmail, gmail, msn will never get approved.  Ping Nancy Burke if that is the case.

As far as extending Agentry Apps, have you looked at the "Agentry is here to stay" landing page?  You can navigate to it from the SAP for Mobile Overview page.  I believe there are at least two documents there which can provide some assistance.  There are also some documents available from the SMP links which provide some detailed suggestions on extending the apps.

Regards, Mike

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is the SCN Landing page for Agentry:

Most of the items on SRC is over a year old and also is not updated with any new information (That is only going on SAP Pages i.e. SCN).  I would recommend using the Landing page and there is a how to build an Agentry application for SAP backends.

There is also the class MOB 310 which shows how to build out some new transactions and complex tables into the SAP Applications. 

I would recommend breaking down what you functionality into the smallest parts so you can only adding in simple changes until the whole set of complex functionality is added in.  This way if run into an error there are less areas to look at on what isn't working correctly.

Stephen

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you a current SAP customer?  You can find configuration guides in the SAP Service Marketplace for Inventory Manager.  As well, you would want to look at Agentry which is part of SAP Mobile Platform.  There you can configure using the editor.

In fact, I would recommend taking Agentry essentials training to help you understand how it is done.  MOB300 - SAP Agentry Essentials | SAP Training and Certification Shop  This class will at least point you in the right direction.

Cheers,

Joe

i834235
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Mariana,

If you have access to Service Market place , as part of  Work Manger 6.0 ->documentation there is document  with title "SAP-WM-6.0-EnhancementsGuide.pdf" which gives overview of how to do enhancement at  Agentry/Java/SAP layer.  Even though document is related to Work Manager but still  relevant good for Inventory Manager.  You will similar document available when new Inventory Manager product is released.

Check out  documents  available on SCN.

Alternatively SAP also  offers MOB310  course if you want learn more about Mobile application enhancement.

Thanks

Manju

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Mariana,

If there is any way you can hold off, we will be releasing the new 4.0 version of Inventory Manager soon (probably this quarter?).  The java has been re-written to correct bugs, add functionality, and make it much easier to extend the classes.  This release also includes screens for iOS, Android and WPF platforms.  New functionality for Warehouses is also included.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Thank you for your remark. Now I have the following question: when will be the approximate release date for this new version? and with "this quarter" you mean 1st quarter (ends on April 30th) or 2nd quarter???. Another thing, compatibility with Windows Mobile devices,  will still be available on this new versión?, because my devices are primarily Windows Mobile 6.5 devices. I'll wait for your answer

Best Regards,

MC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Note Q1 ended March 31, Q2 is April to June.

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Mariana,

Like Steve mentioned, I consider this quarter to be Q2 (April to June).  We will be releasing in this 2nd quarter barring something unforseen within the next 2 months or sooner.  I cannot quote an exact release date, but that is what I expect.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you give me any highlights about the new functionality that will be included on SAP Inventory Manager 4.0? I'll appreciate any information you can give me about this

BR,

Mariana