cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCHEDULE MPPV WITH REPORT RMMMPERI

former_member223894
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, I have read the step to do this in many links posted in the forum, but I´m still wondering if the settings I have done will behave as I expect for the date and hour I required.

My requirement is to open the periods for the next month and this task must be done the last day of the month at 22:00, so after 22:00 for the actual month the materials can have logistic movement with posting dates in the next month.

This is the way I do it manually. Said that today is 30.04.2014 and it is 22:00, so I go to MMPV and select company and period 05 and fiscal year 2014 and I run the MMPV that is it.

Now to get this in a job I  have gone to MMPV (today 24.04.2014) and created a variant with company code and in date row I have select D : Dynanic date selection and in name of  variable  set the current date.

In SM36  in date/time  I enter 30.04.2014 and 22:00 because that would be the date and hour when MMPV should run "as I would do it manually" and I also select "periodic job" and I select "Monthly"

My doubt is if SAP will run the report the next months (may, june,july) the last day of those months not the 30 as I said for april.

I attach some images.

Thanks a lot

Jorge G

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Schedule it for 31st of a month (say 31.05.2014) and maintain it as monthly job.  System will automatically run the job at month end, even if its 30th or 28th (Feb) or 31st.

For April, you may close the period manually and schedule the job from May 31st!!.

Also, in the variant, you may select company code, the date as D, (dynamic Selection) and in name of  variable  set "First day of next month"

Regards,

AKPT

former_member223894
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your answer, regarding that the job will run the last day of month at 22:00 and it must to allow to post movements during 22:00 to 24:00 with next month date, which would be the difference if I set in name of  variable  "last day of actual month" rather than "first day of next motnh".

Thanks

Jorge G

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you run the MMPV with last day of the current month, system wont close the period, instead it will give an error log, as of my knowledge. If you want to close current period, you have to give the date which lies in next period in MMPV. You may test the same.

Regards,

AKPT

former_member223894
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, I have done the settings as you mentioned with "first day of next motnh", the Job run today at 12:00 which meand that it already run and the results were as expected, 05 period is now open and 04  also because posting in prior periods are allowed (MMRV).

If I do this seting for 30.04 at 22:00 I guess the behavour would be the same which is what i required.

I have also checked  and after the job run, the job for next month was created (24.04 run and 24.05 is available).

I have created a job for april 30 because I want to probe that next job will run in may 31.

Thanks

Jorge G

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.