cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while processing dimension!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are using BPC 7.5 M sp04, I am trying to add a "Parenth6" column to the "Org" dimension (Org dimension already has Parenth1 to Parenth5 columns), After adding the "Parenth6" column I tried processing the dimension and it is showing below error:

"-OLEDB error: OLE DB or ODBC error: Cannot create a row of size 9052 which is greater than the allow maximum row size of 8060.; 42000.Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the dimension, with the ID of 'CDNPLAN', Name of 'Org' was being processed.

Server: The current operation was cancelled because another operation in the transaction failed."

Please Advice.

Thanks & Regards,

Rohit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member223971
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit

This will help you understand the error .

Symptom

Client is receiving following error message when processing a dimension:

DetailMsg - OLE DB error- OLE DB or ODBC error- Cannot create a row of size 8124 which is greater than the allowable maximum of 8060.

Cause

As a workaround to this error, client attempted to reduce the number of characters in the dimension's mbr table in the PARENTHx columns from 50 to 20 to mach the size of the memberid field.  However validating and processing the dimension returned the mbr table size back to the 50 character length.

An Enhancement Request has been logged under IM 3535477 2010. The Enhancement Request (ER) will be considered in terms of future product development when considering possible new features in the next major release. Please note that the ER may or may not be included depending on various factors.

Resolution

As a workaround, client removed several properties to get the number of row size record bytes below 8060 so the dimension was able to process.

Please view this note

1098757 - CubeProcess : OLE DB error: OLE DB or ODBC error: Cannot cre

Hope this helps.

Regards

Juan Pablo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Thanks for your reply, Is there any guideline on how much hierarchies and properties we should have in Dimension because I am not getting the reason for this error and nor getting any appropriate resolution.

Thanks & Regards,

Rohit

former_member223971
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit

This is the note containing the dimensions calculator which will tell you the size of each dimension depending on the amount of property and tells you if it is within the parameters set by SAP.

1099564 - OutlookSoft dimension size calculator

Symptom

How many properties can you have in a dimension? How many levels? How many Hierarchies? The answer to these questions is # it depends? The maximum number of properties or levels you can have in a dimension is based on varying factors. In fact, two of those variables are the number of properties and levels themselves. Confused? That#s ok; the Calculator sheet will help you figure it out. First let me explain a few things. In OutlookSoft the question is not of the maximum number of properties or levels but of record size and the number of fields in a table (dimension table for us).

Rohit please See attached.

Sent him the file as .TXT before opening file change the extention to .XLS

Does not operate, between the note and download the file.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Juan Pablo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

In the calculator it is mentioning:

The total size for one SQL table record is calculated by: # of total bytes in the fields * # of levels * # of hierarchies

I don't understand what is the difference between "# of levels" and "# of hierarchies"?

Thanks & Regards,

Rohit