cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the subsequent processing of CUBE or DTP going to cube?

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi guyz,

I'm looking for the subsequent process in the DTP or in the CUBE so that when a request or data is loaded in the cube an EVENT will be triggered.

Thank you!

Loed

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any other input guyz?

Thank you!

Loed

KodandaPani_KV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We given the inputs form our end possibility

run the event at info package using sub sequent process.

Thanks,

Phani.

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can't mate since if the loading in cube is erroneous, the EVENT SHOULD NOT BE TRIGGERED..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Loed,

As told you before... manual way is not possible.. The only work around is to  ask the user to run a job  and have this job in start of the process chain and  let the PC  run the event.

You should  give access to run the  users to run these job at least.

I donot think   manual is possible  and also SAP   may not have  any solution to it apart from what we discussed on solutions..

Regards,

Rajesh

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok mate, just wondering if others have solution on this..

Thank you so much for your help..=)

Regards,

Loed

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any idea guyz about this?

KodandaPani_KV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your user will accepted create the normal process chain.

then test it and use the process chain option delete overlapping request form cube while loading before source to cube.

Thanks,

Phani.

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kodanda,

The users don't want the normal process chain mate..I don't know why..

Regards,

Loed

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

any help on this please?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Loed,

1) if you are using the process chains for loading , then  you can keep the event after the  loading of the cube.

2) Also Shabnam screen shot is not deletion for the requests.

But  as you want things to work automatically, try for process chains and let me know for any help.

Regards,

rajesh

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

1. The loading in CUBE is MANUAL execution (not through process chain)..How will I trigger an EVENT every time a data is loaded in the cube?

2. Regarding the screens of Shabnam, already tried the subsequent process mentioned in her post, but the EVENT is triggered every time a request is DELETED in the cube..Did you already try this mate?

Thank you!

Loed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Loed,

I created event before loading and then  loaded the request..  it did not delete  the request but i checked on description  and it is mentioned that event  for deletion...

DTP , we cannot execute like  IP in background . thats the main problem.

Regards,

Rajesh

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

So how can we trigger an EVENT every time a data is loaded in a cube?

As for DSO, we put the subsequent process in the ACTIVATION part..How about in cube mate?

Thank you!

Loed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Loed.

Why donot you thought of process chains? .

Regards,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Loed,

There is a Tcode : RSDTP. in this  schedule your DTP in back ground..

After that go to that DTP job name and change the variant and keep the event.

i tried here and it worked.

Regards,

Rajesh

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Sorry mate but the users are not allowed to use the tcode RSDTP. They only manually execute the DTP going to cube. That's why I want to trigger an event every time they load a data in the cube. Is there no subsequent process in DTP or when a data is loaded in the cube?

Thank you!

Loed

KodandaPani_KV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

create the normal process chain then scheduled.

which place your getting problem?

can you to us your scenario.

Thanks,

Phani.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Loed.

Atleast users should be able to execute a job ( A).. This job A will trigger DTP which inturns trigger a event.

I donot think SAP thought  about it. They earlier had Infopackage  Group etc for these  sort of requirements. Now all those aare out dated ith DTPs .

I will check  for a better solution  .

Regards,

Rajesh

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kodanda,

They don't want to use process chain, that's why I can't do it mate..

Loed

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Ok mate..Kindly inform me when you already have a solution for this one..

Thanks a lot!

Loed

KodandaPani_KV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

i did same thing in info package level not in the DTP.

in info package have routine for get last 7 days data once job is completed it will trigger the event automatically at info package.

i used the subsequent process option at IPK.

i am not sure how is it work DTP subsequent process.

Thanks,

Phani.

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ah..I can't make the subsequent process in INFOPACKAGE mate, I need it in the cube level..=(

Thanks anyway Kodanda..

Regards,

Loed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Loed

I assume you want to trigger an event once data is loaded to a cube/dso and other load should start after completion of this event.

For this you can first create one event from Tcode:SM64 (i.e ZTEST) in my case and use the same event in request tab of cube.

Click on Subsequent proc. below window will appear and mention same event name here. In this case once data load is complete for this cube then ZTEST event will be triggered on its own.

Use same event to triggere a process chain as below. In process chain start variant use ZTEST event.

Regards

Shabnam

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shabnam,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the subsequent process in your screenshots is for the DELETION of requested data. For example, I deleted one of the requests in the cube, that's the time that the EVENT will be triggered. Am I right?

Thanks!

Loed

KodandaPani_KV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

while creating of process chain use the option "delete the data target content form cue ".

it will delete automatically when schedule the process chain.

final step of loading the data source to cube if there create the event what happens.

you can maintain the variant at info package level.

Thanks,

Phani.

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kodanda,

Sorry, did not understand what you mean mate..I want to trigger an EVENT every time a data is loaded in the cube..Where can I find that subsequent process in cube which refers to loading of data in cube?

As for DSO, we put the subsequent process in the ACTIVATION part..How about in cube?

Thanks!

Loed