cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score card component - Dashboards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement in my dashboards where in i need to create a Scorecard component and following are the detailed requirements.i am using the SAP Dashboards 4.0 tool.

1) There will be a drop down box which will display some employee names in it.

2) When the user selects a employee value from the drodown then the score card below the Drop down display the associated projects information 

and The first column of the scorecard component will display the respective Project names.

3) And for each project there will be an associated .pdf document saved in share point location.

4) So the user wnats to see this pdf document after he clicks a project name from First column of the score card component.

So i would like to know the detailed step by step approach how can i link each one of the pdf document to the respective project in the score card component.

what i mean if i have multiple projects under one Employee how to link one PDF document for one project.

Here employee to Projects is a 1 to Many relation ship. and Project name in score card to pdf document in sharepoint is a 1 to 1 relation ship.

I hope you understand the requirement clearly.

Any body knows how to implement this requirement please let me know your inputs at the earliest.

Thanks in advance,

Warm Regards,

Nanda Kishore.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nanda Kishore,

You can also try this......

In Scorecard you can create a series and say insert type as 'Position' now map destination to any blank cell.

In Behavior Tab say 'Rows are Selectable'  and in Item: "No Selection (None)"

now whenever you select any row, Destination of series will update with number, you can trigger URL when value changes or when value becomes to a specific number then select to open particular project document in the same order they are populating using if else formula

you can hide this url button at the back of combo box

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Thank you very much.

Can you explain me in detail how to use the score card component with the URL button to achive my requirement.

Can you tell me the step by step approach for this.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Kishore.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

I did tried this approach.However i need to click on the URL button to open the respective project document.but i don't want to click on this URL button.,

so how to achive this without click of the URL button.i.e (click the project name cell in score card component, automatically the repective project document should be opened in a New window.

Any dody knows how to implement this please reply asap.

Regards,

Kishore.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here are the steps you can follow

step 1

add scorecard and map them to data

Step 2:

add series and select Position in 'Insert Type' and bind to a cell

Step 3:

Go to behaviour and say rows are selectable and select 'No Selection (none)'

step 4:

Add URL button and assign url to it for your project

step 5:

Go to Behavior and map trigger cell to E1 where we are capturing selections from scorecard

Same for third URL button but specify when value becomes as 3 as its our  3rd row

Step 6: now hide the url button

and set it back and hide this url button in the back of scorecard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nanda Kishore,

I have  tried the above requirement,we cant get share point location  by using spread sheet,we should have to use URL button.

--> Take a combo box component  and map the projects.

-->Map below 3 columns as source and take empty rows as destination

projectemp nameURL
PRJ_1samathaS:\Projects\prj1.txt
PRJ_1mahipalS:\Projects\prj1.txt
PRJ_1ganeshS:\Projects\prj1.txt
PRJ_2sabarishS:\Projects\prj2.txt
PRJ_2samathaS:\Projects\prj2.txt
PRJ_2rajS:\Projects\prj2.txt

-->And map the project names and employees column in spread sheet

-->Take URL button and place it on 1st row

-> In appearance tab  uncheck the show button back ground

-->Map URL column destination to URL button.

now by clicking on project we will get the shared point location.

Regards,

Samatha B