cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certification which will help me in my growth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am currently ABAP technical consultant with 3 years of experience ,I want to do any certification which help me in  my career growth at this stage at least.I am also interested to move into Functional Consultant role.

Could you please help me.

Thanks,

Neha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member187692
Participant
0 Kudos

As Chandra Shekhar Agarwal said look into HANA - ABAP as well. This new area may catch your interest (that is if you continue in programming).

former_member187692
Participant
0 Kudos

And talking about certification, I would say it's just a document which assures your customers that you are a worthy candidate. That's it. (Remember it's not an award, only a document to move around in your professional career - I am only telling this to keep certification later in your list after moving to functional - " Focus on one thing at time " )

If your talking about doing a certification on some new module in SAP (especially in the functional side) then that's a big move without first having the real time expertise.

For example if your moving to SAP SD, then taking a SAP SD certification at this time (with no hands on exp) is a risk move and even though you need to show some experience before you take up functional certifications.

Since your already into ABAP - ABAP certification is what first pop-up in my mind.

( If your already an ABAP certified consultant then you can think about taking the second level of ABAP certification Professional ABAP certification).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You want to move to some functional role(out of programming or less) or you want to move out of ABAP.

If you don't want to be with programming anymore, then you can pick any functional module like MM,SD, FI, BI etc. all are good and currently in demand also. But if you want move out of ABAP but have interest in programming than i would say try for UI5 and HANA.

former_member187692
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

Neha, first congratulation on completing  3 yrs in ABAP. Well most people who have worked in ABAP for a good 3 to 6 years always prefer something new in their routine (want to explore new arena of SAP). Do worry Neha your not the only one who have thought this way.

Well Neha, I can suggest you few modules but that wouldn't really help you out. What I feel is it's best that you find out which areas you are good at and willing to explore (and have got exposed in these past 3 yrs like SD / MM).

Few of my colleague have upgraded their skills and moved from ABAP to  ABAP-SD consultant. These people tell me that it gives them a broader view of their company and its processes going on. They tell me, moving to SD was really a good decision they made on their side.     

Well, I would advice you to plan something like what my colleague have done and hope that line may take you where wanted to go. </p>

Regards,

N Krishna.