cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BRM message "Role Description cannot be updated" after generate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP experts,

So I’m trying to configure BRM and everything looks good except for when trying to generate the role (single role) I’m getting the error “Role Description cannot be updated”. After doing some research I saw that note 1735705 should address the issue but after
trying to implement the note trough tcode “SNOTE” it comes grey out (message ”Cannot be implemented”) so I'm guessing is not relevant to our system.  I can't really find anything else related to a similar issue in the community so I'm wondering what could be the issue here?  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

AndrzejP
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

try to check trace on back-end system (ECC not SAP GRC), as most likely this is connected with not sufficient privileges of your RFC user.

Best regards, Andrzej

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrzej,

Thanks for the advice; I was so focus thinking that the issue was related to language (Master role data vs Log) or access on my ID that I forgot about tracing the RFC user.  The issue was due to missing authorization to manage roles from RFC user.  Issue is now fix.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jonathan,

I am also facing the same error in ' Generate roles ' phase of BRM.

Can you please let me know , in which system you ran trace for RFC user ?

Also , please let me know the missing authorizations.

Regards,

Rahul Muni

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mamoonr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

Whats your GRC Service pack  and attach screen shot of error also.It would be helpful.

Thanks,

Mamoon