cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Country Key in Addresses is non-editable

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have a requirement to keep the Country Key in 'My Address' application on ESS in editable format because the client has business setups in India as well as overseas. However, in every case, the default value IN is getting displayed for each of the address type. I have already analysed the feasibility by altering the table settings for table- V_T588MFPROPS as well as V_T588MFPROPC. Is it recommeded to change the return value in feature CSSCR? What will be impact of the screen changes in the existing master data.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Priyanshu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Stuart, Siddharth.

As suggested, the business switch HCM_ESS_CI_1 has been activated.

Then, table 'Foreign Address Settings' were done. Table V_T7XSSPERFORADD has been updated with the records. But still its not working.

Would you please elaborate the stated scenario. If I want to allow following countries to be maintained for any employee working in India (Country Grouping: 40), then how to proceed ahead with settings?

AE Utd.Arab Emir.

AU Australia

DK Denmark

QA Qatar

Regards,

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

you ll get foreign address as a link to maintain in address are you not able to see foreign address? http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_05/helpdata/EN/9f/f8457c1d9e417bbe424fcbe1e7f84d/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

No. I am not getting any such option. We are at EHP 4 (patch level 60). Do I need to check any sap note for this? Please suggest.

stuart_campbell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You would need to implement business switch HCM_ESS_CI_1 and the corresponding IMG step "Foreign Address Settings" to get SAP standard foreign address functonality

This makes the country field editable and changes the format of the address based on country

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

thanks for this information Stuart http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_05/helpdata/EN/7e/881e4e84b9457a84067db0a535c824/content.htm So basically you need to use Foreign address, in permanent address you ll have country defaulted and disabled field, in order to change in permanent address you need to change this at the code level ie UIBB level. webdynpro application configuration HRESS_AC_PERSINFO