cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UNX universes

Former Member
0 Kudos

UNX universes doesnt support OR operator in BO4.x. Is this a limitation from SAP?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

CarlyThomas
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

In addition to what Manoj is asking for, are you talking about creating custom SQL in the UNX or in WebI?

It is supported for SQL and JOINs - but we'll need a bit more context to be able to confirm you're able to do what it is you're trying to do.

Also, the Data Access guides on http://help.sap.com may help you as well.

Thanks!

Carly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pritesh,

I do not see such limitation in .Unx or in IDT.

What is your data source for Unx universe ?

In which scenario you find it as a limitation ?

-Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj/Carly,

Thanks for your response. We have both UNV and UNX universes connecting to OLAP data source (SSAS cube). Now UNX universe were created with BO4.x coming into existense. UNV universes were only created. We had BO reports created from BO3.1 which were then migrated to BO4.0. What I got information from colleagues is that UNX based universes doesn't support OR operator with report filters and hence that is the reason that we need both UNV and UNX based universes. If that is the case, then I find it as a limitation in BO4.x

I hope my question is clear.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pritesh,

Please refer to SAP Note 1687933.

• Web Intelligence does not support "OR" operator within the query filter for OLAP data sources.
  • As a workaround, use the "InList" function within the report or leverage multiple queries with a filter on the the appropriate dimension.

Symptom

• BI 4.0 - Web Intelligence Query Panel - not possible to use "OR" operator when creating a query filters on BEX Query using BICS connection

Environment

• BI 4.0 (any SP)
  • WebIntelligence Query Panel
  • BW 7.x & BEx Query Designer
  • Also including OLAP vendors: Microsoft Analysis Services 2008, Oracle Hyperion Essbase v11

Reproducing the Issue

1. In WebIntelligence, select a BEx Query as a data provider
  2. Drag and Drop some Result Objects into the Query Panel
  3. Add a dimension into the Query Filter panel, and set a condition (e.g. Prompt)
  4. Create another Query filter.
  5. Notice the clause is joined using AND operator
  6. There is no way to change this to OR (as is normal with Relational source)

Cause

• Defect ADAPT01580759 was submitted to Development, however it was rejected as "By Design"
  • This is because the software specification for BICS model can’t support OR operator, due to XML representation of BICS QueryView's "SelectionState"

Resolution

Workaround:

• If OR operation is for same dimension: Use operator "InList" and add all required members in same filter
  • If OR operation for 2 (or N) dimensions: Use 2 (or N) Queries with a filter on each dimension in a different query

See Also

Note:

• Every OLAP source is limited to the << AND >> operator only in the query filters.  This include all OLAP MDX access .UNX (MSAS and Essbase) and BICS access from DSL.
  • This is because the Query Technique capability model (for these new OLAP DSL drivers) has not yet been implemented using ConnectionServer PRM files. This is a future enhancement.