cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SRM Upgrade to 7.03

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

My client wants to upgrade from SRM 5.0 to 7.03. I have gone throught the Upgrade guides but few questions still remain unanswered. Can someone throw light on them based on their prior experience. My client is in extended Classic scenario.

1. There are new set of roles in SRM 7 having different naming convention compared to SRM 5. How does that change happen to the roles considering that the roles are all custom ones. Do we manually need to recreate the roles and assign the authorization profiles to them?

2. Is there a way by which we need not close the open PO's (waiting for goods receipt) and carry on with the same status in the upgraded system.

3. If the SC are in the status awaiting approval, then do we need to mandatorily close them in the old system. Can't they be available to approve in the upgraded system?

The doubts seem basic ones but are very critical to understand the nature of the system after upgrade.

Regards

Ashish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

(1) Yes. You need to generate the new roles  by copying from newly available standard roles and assign.

/SAPSRM/ST_PURCHASER_EHP2

/SAPSRM/OP_PURCHASER_EHP2

/SAPPSSRM/EMPLOYEE

SAP_CFX_USER

are mostly useful roles.

While generating the roles remember to mention suitable organization levels before generating the profiles.

(2) There is no need to close Open PO as same status will continue.... but I am not sure about "history" problem, check reply from Hayashi Take.

(3) If you are planning to switch from application controlled workflow to process controlled workflow, then the SC in "Awaiting for Approval" must be closed, else it is optional; however generally you switch to process controlled workflow when you upgrade, to take the benefit of new workflow.

Regards,

Ganapathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Ashish

The history document would make you frustrated if you do not close them before you upgrade to 7.0.

I once experienced the upgrade from SRM 5.5 to 7.01.

So I suggest you close the history document firstly.

Best Regards,

Hayashi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Hayashi

So you suggest the following:

Shopping Cart - SC can be in the draft state but none of them should be pending Approval.

Purchase Order - PO should have been closed with no delivery pending. How about the invoicing? Should that have been closed too?

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashish,

Oh, when my system was SRM 5.5, there is no invoice in SRM, only in ECC.

Umm, I think it may be not impossible to close the invoices, because payment should be done in ECC and the status should be sync back to SRM.

I am not sure about it, maybe there is a way to syc the status even when you finish the upgrade. Sorry for that ,maybe other experts know it.

Regards,

Hayashi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello...

I was wondering if you happen to have any documents

1. Gap - Fit document (5.0 to 7.0)

2. Sample Project Plan for Extended classic scenario

3. Strategy documents (Change mgmt, security, Testing, Technical/Functional) etc..

Can provide my email if you do. Appreciate your response.

Thanks
Vikram