Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fill setup table 2LIS_03_BX and 2LIS_03_BF at same time

former_member1262147
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Can someone tell me whether I can run background Job to fill setup table of 2LIS_03_BX and 2LIS_03_BF at the same time?

By the way, whether I can run background job by different sever using different filters(site range A, B, C) to filling setup table of 2LIS_03_BX?

Thanks.

Regards,

Rojay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

filling setup tables for two data sources at a time no issues. But if you huge data and ecc server busy then that might may cause delay.

From menu options you may find background options.

First we need to fill BX data source later remaining data sources.

Thanks

former_member1262147
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you mentioned, I can fill setup tables of BX and BF at the same time. By the way, the second questin is whether I can run different background job by filters(site range A, B, C) to fill setup table of datasource BX via different server instances?

Thanks.

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, don't fill BX and BF at a time.

Once you complete loading the BX Data into BW  then  you can do for BF/UM.

Like process chains we can't run background jobs on particular instance/app server to fill setup tables.

Not sure, but check with basis team. how those kind settings will be manageable.

former_member1262147
Participant
0 Kudos

OK, In fact, BX and BF data come from different tables(BX: MBEW  BF:MSEG), maybe there are some other dependency when background Job running.

For another question, I will have a try to run different background job to fill BX setup table by filters(site range A, B, C) in two sever instances, and I think there will be no problems.

Thanks.

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you know the options to run background job on particular server or instance you can. No issues in that.

But BX - stock related, you may need load to all the data(as you need) without missing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can paralalley run many number of jobs(A, B, C), that wont be any problem in data extraction from that table. But you might face performance problems because you are extarcting data from same table. Other than performance, everything will be ok.

Thanks,

Phani.

former_member1262147
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

OK ,thank you for your comments.You are right, it will have impacts on the performance.

Rojay

former_member1262147
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

what about the influences and problems when I fill setup table of BX and BF datasource in ECC at the same time? But I know I must load BX data into Cube first(mark updated),and then BF data (no marker updated)in BW system.

Thanks.

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Filling setup tables no issues, but we may get mismatch about stock inits or some inconsistencies.That's why we need to load BX first to bw cube and need to compress the request without no marker update. Its inventory data loads procedure.

Later we can do rest of the data source loads.

former_member1262147
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ramanjaneyulu Korrapati,

Ok, this is what I need, I can fill setup table of BX and BF in parallel in ECC, but I will load BX data into BW cube firstly, and then BF data.  As well, I can also fill BX setup table by seperated background job in different instances by site range A,B,C.

All what I want to take steps is to reduce the server downtime.

Thanks.

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

its all depend on ECC server load.

if your source system is always busy other loads then you need to schedule your background jobs on special application server with help of basis team.

if you know background job name, inform to basis team i think they can run your job on particular instance. For BX you can initial stock at time. for BF you can use possible selections. As per the data volume loads(setp table filling) may finish in time.

Other wise you can do this activity at weekend where there is no business.

Thanks

former_member1262147
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ramanjaneyulu Korrapati,

Thank you very much for suggestions!

In order to reduce one server workload(big volume data) and ECC server downtime, I must make a detailed plan to finish it. Wish myself success!

Thanks.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rojay,

1) There is no set up table concept for BX...

2)  Set uptables are there for BF..

For inventory, its better to follow sequence as mentioned by Phani.

former_member976
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

All three data source have setup table concept.

LO extraction means you should fill the setup tables.

2LIS_03_BX (Stock Initialization for Inventory Management)

2LIS_03_BF (Goods Movements from Inventory Management)

2LIS_03_UM (Revaluations) - captures revaluation data.

please refer the below document for your reference.

Thanks,

Phani.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

what i mean  is in LBWE   we cannot  see BX... it will start with BF and UM.

you can start MCNB and  BF set up tables in parallel as i donot see any risk but to be  safe  we  follow the  sequence  and  infact BX is not being used  at all. We are from BF and UM..

.I should have explained more in the previous post.

Regards.

Rajesh

former_member976
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes we can't see the BX data source in LBWE.

you can see the at RSA6  and RSA5.

you can fill the setup parallel also not an issue. it won't effect.

Thanks,

Phani.

former_member976
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Fallow the sequence of table while filling of set up table.

2LIS_03_BX

2LIS_03_BF

2LIS_03_UM

Thanks,

Phani.

former_member1262147
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you mentioned, I can't fill setup table of BF first in ECC side without being loaded to BW side, but I don't know why? I just fill the setup table , and I will extract BX data first into Cube, and then BF data in BW side.

Thanks.

former_member976
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

what i said first fill the BX then BF then UM data source setuptable.

BX- stock initilization data source you can fill first.

in MSEG table huge volume of data because do full one by one.

Thanks,

Phani.