cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a file to IDoc. I have two IDocs at the target side. I am using PI 7.1. Can I use multi mapping here? We don't create service interfaces for IDoc. So how do we configure multiple operations in inbound service interface and use multimapping?

The receiver interface is same for both IDocs

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can achieve this through Signature Tab in Message Mapping .

In MM you can also put some condition (According to ur requirement) to populate a particular IDOC.

Look into the following threads........

http://scn.sap.com/people/rajasekhar.reddy14/blog/2011/02/24/multi-mapping-without-bpm-for-idoc-scen...

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3223936

BR,

Anirban

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using two different IDocs. So will it still work?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using two different IDocs. So will it still work?

YES.

Import the Idocs in ESR , In MM go to signature Tab and add the IDOCs .

BR,

Anirban

Former Member
0 Kudos

I went to Signature tab, added two IDocs. Do I have to change anything else? I directly added the IDocs that I imported. Any other configuratuon changes to be made for using this multimapping?

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created multi mapping. Here at target side, we have Message1 and under that the IDoc node. Then we have Message 2 and another IDoc.

When I use the if then condition for creating, should I use target as Message1 or the IDoc name.

If x equals ABC, THEN sorce file  is Message one or we need to use IDoc name here

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

it would be Message1.

Regards,

Muni.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>If x equals ABC, THEN sorce file  is Message one or we need to use IDoc name here

MT_source                                   Message1  1..1

IDOC      0..unbound                             

seg1 0..unbound                         Message2  1..1

x 0..1                                                      IDOC  0..unbound

x-->equals(ABC)-->if true map to IDOC(under message1) else map to IDOC(under message2)

Regards

Venkat                               

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you are correct. thanks for correcting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat

I have Message one at source and Message one and Message two at target.

What should these be mapped to in my scenario? As you have said I have mapped the condition to IDoc name. Now messge one and message two are not mapped. How do I map them?

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika,

Message 1 and Message 2 are mand (1..1) segment so do not required to map them.

regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Message1,Message2 are not mandatory to map ,If you want to map map with constant or else leave it ,doesn't make any difference.

IDOC segment under Message1,Message2 plays a vital role in populating IDocs to respective receivers .Message1,Message2 are dummy.

Regards

Venkat

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you have to add two idocs in the operation mapping. change the occurrence if idocs are created multiple times.

Regards,

Muni

former_member182455
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rachika,

Have you checked Raja's blog ?. You can find a useful example, also check this wiki File to Multiple IDOC Splitting without BPM - Process Integration - SCN Wiki

Regards.