Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRM Availability Check not working for certain Item Category

david_tuohy2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I have a situation where for certain order type/item category combinations, the availability check on the same material is not working.

The check is set up to happen in SAP ECC.

I have checked the config. under SPRO->CRM->Basic Functions->Availability Check->Availability Check using SAP ECC

as per many SDN posts on this, and everything looks fine.

The new item category, which was a copy of an existing one, works (i.e. gives availability) for certain order types, but not others.

If I create the same order directly in ECC, it works correctly every time.

I searched the code (from consultants who set it up originally) and can see nothing specific to the order type/ item category.

I also put a breakpoint on AVAILABILTY_CHECK function module in SAP ECC - it is not being hit, in the case where check is not successful.

Breakpoints in MV45AFZZ (Sales Order userexit) also not being hit, but they are hit for the Order/item category combination when it works successfully.

Any suggestions on where else this could be configured would be appreciated!

thanks,

David

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

david_tuohy2
Participant
0 Kudos

resolved this issue:

it was config. in ECC - the Item Category which was not working was set up under 'Manual Item cat' on th list, where it should have been set up under 'Item Category'.

thanks Christophe for your suggestions.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member196467
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

One 'simple' reason for this could be that the copied item category does not have the

ATP Profile set up in the item category in the IMG. Make sure you have an ATP profile assigned in the area 'ATP Profile' in the item category.

Please see as well the SCN Wiki link:

Availability Check CRM-BTX-BF-ATP - CRM - SCN Wiki

Best regards

Christophe

david_tuohy2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

thanks for your reply and the link - I checked 'ATP profile' again, and all looks OK to me, same as the copied one that works.

I've also gone through most of the relevant notes (in the link), in the past few days, without success.

thanks,

David

former_member196467
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

One other possible reason could be that in ECC the schedule line which is assigned to the item category is not relevant for ATP. Can you check this on the ECC side?

Best regards - Christophe

david_tuohy2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

I checked this also, and it is ATP relevant in ECC.

If I enter the exact same Order/Item Category combination in ECC directly, it works fine.

I am not a CRM expert, so was hoping that there is some 'simple' configuration setting that I have missed - however, checking similar ATP-related posts on SDN, so far it all looks OK.

thanks again for your suggestions, any further ideas welcome!

Regards,

David