cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with connection to external Oracle DB - Missing codepage information

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I would like create connection to external Oracle DB (because I need exchange data between SAP and Oracle).

•     I create connection using DBACOCKPIT
  •     I download Lib_dbsl.sar from sap-market (and extract)
  •     I run program ADBC_TEST_CONNECTION to test connection

but, with error (full content is in attachment file dev_w1)

*** ERROR => Missing codepage information from library C:\usr\sap\NSP\DVEBMGS00\exe\dboraslib.dll

How resolve this problem?

Thak you for advice

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I now update kernel and another file by https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/f3/914f3445194d468f652d45494230b1/content.htm  (Lib_dbsl.sar, lib_dbsl_610-10007361.sar, SAPEXEDB_600-10007361.SAR, Dw.sar)

now I have less errors then before (full content is in attachment file dev_w1_new), but still have error

*** ERROR => Codepage mismatch between kernel (UNICODE) and DBSL shared library 'C:\usr\sap\NSP\DVEBMGS00\exe\dboraslib.dll' (ASCII)

What is next step?

Regards

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Smoula,

The error implies that dbsl library which you downloaded is not compatible with existing kernel format.

If you SAP environment is unicode, then download unicode dbsl libraries for Oracle.

ERROR => Codepage mismatch between kernel (UNICODE) and DBSL shared library 'C:\usr\sap\NSP\DVEBMGS00\exe\dboraslib.dll' (ASCII)

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I first time update. That causes this my mistake.

I have a two file (Lib_dbsl.sar - different size) - but I still don't know is good.

When I get second version I have a little errors than I used version with bigger size

this DLL don't have metadata information

This version (Lib_dbsl.sar) don't get error Codepage mismatch between

now I have still less and less errors then first time (full content is in attachment file dev_w1_new2), but still have error

but still stays ERROR => Missing codepage information from library C:\usr\sap\NSP\DVEBMGS00\exe\dboraslib.dll

Where I have a new problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If I had SAP system who running on Oracle DB (not MaxDB, MS SQL or DB2)

then I don't need install new kernel files?

or alway I must install kernel files (when I want connect to external system who use Oracle DB)?

Regards

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi smoula,

If you had SAP on Oracle database then no need to download dbsl files as it will be already present.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

These files are part of the DB part of the kernel.

As you have MaxDB you have the file for the MaxDB database. If the DB was Oracle then you will have the one for Oracle. Without those files SAP won't work.

Regards

RB

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Smoula,

Please check whether SAP system Database as well as external DB has same db codepage.

select value from NLS_DATABASE_PARAMETERS where parameter='NLS_CHARACTERSET'

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

for testing I install Oracle XE on identical PC how is SAP (who run on MaxDB).

I don't set NLS_CHARACTERSET

my test PC runing on WinXP (must set this parameter for Enviroment Variables?)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Smoula,

My bad. As your SAP is on MaxDB you need to download dbsl files for oracle database from marketplace and extract the same into your kernel directory.

Then test the connection.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Just copy new kernel files to C:\usr\sap\NSP\DVEBMGS00\exe\, before that take copy of exe folder

I thing some of the files are not copied in the right way

Regards

Sriram

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

It appears to me that the file is not present.

B  Loading DB library 'C:\usr\sap\NSP\DVEBMGS00\exe\dboraslib.dll' ...

B  Library 'C:\usr\sap\NSP\DVEBMGS00\exe\dboraslib.dll' loaded

B  *** ERROR => Missing codepage information from library C:\usr\sap\NSP\DVEBMGS00\exe\dboraslib.dll

You have an SAP system running on MaxDB.

If you want to establish connection to an Oracle database then you need to place the DBSL part of the kernel for Oracle put in the kernel location and restart SAP. This will bring in dboraslib.dll

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I have SAP system on MaxDB.

I thought when I must create connection in DBACOCKPIT

and in ABAP program call name of connection to external Oracle DB.

But I want create ABAP program, who read data from Oracle (Oracle is external system independent on SAP). From this Oracle I need read and update data.

How is describet on http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-28819

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

This is what I would do.

Download the DBSL part of the kernel for the Oracle database.

Download Oracle Instant Client for 11G.

Install Oracle Instant Client for 11G for SAP system on Windows.

Extract the DBSL part of the kernel for the Oracle database to the kernel location.

Make sure the kernel files get replicated to C:\usr\sap\NSP\DVEBMGS00\exe location.

Restart SAP and check the connection.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I would like continue by your advice.

I look on the market about download.

Can you help me what I need download?

By my version 7.2 I found 4 version (2x unicode and without unicode, but there Installation Software and Maintenance Software). My NW system status is Unicode system - YES.

I download only Maintenance - this enough or I must download Installation SW?

I have a Oracle client (OracleXEClient.exe - 30MB) from Oracle website. By I found on the Market another version (ORACLE Client 10.2. - 700MB) - there maybe my mistake?

Thank you

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

If your system is Unicode then download the Unicode kernel.

Download the instant client from SAP. I believe the Oracle Instant Client provided by SAP is for all systems like AIX. Linux, Windows etc. So you need to use the one appropriate for your system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

My SAP is on MaxDB. I need download a kernel for Database Library. When I look market, I found many versions for different DB.

I need download a kernel for SAP KERNEL 6.10 32-BIT Windows Server on IA32 32bit ORACLE (because I need connect to Oracle) or SAP KERNEL 6.10 32-BIT Windows Server on IA32 32bit SAP DB (because my DB is on the MaxDB)?

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I download this files

SAPEXEDB_600-10007371.sar for MaxDB - kernel Path

Ocl10232.sar - Oracle Client

Lib_dbsl.sar - for Oracle

and extract, but I still have a problem with kernel

Can someone advice me, who files I need a download.

Thank you

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to update kernel first and share the results after that.

Regards,

Gaurav