cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to trigger a event when there in any change in category in the service request

former_member201769
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

I need to set Employee responsible dynamically when the exact category is chosen in the service request. i am following a approach to register a function module in the crmv_events so that the event will be called as soon as categorization is changed in service request.I have never configured crmv_events.please guide me its urgent.

Please tell me if a better approach is available.

I will award points immediately .Reply as early as possible as its urgent.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188346
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi,

To suggest a better approach, please let me know is it from web ui you are do all this?

Please expain me all the steps in detail to help you in this.

Regards,

Bhushan

former_member201769
Participant
0 Kudos

I have configured the service request.In the categorization the problems are mentioned.I want to set the employee responsible automatically based on the subject change in the categorization in web ui.so i need to implement the events,but i dont know how to configure the events

former_member188346
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi,

I would say, instead of doing it from any event function module, do it from web ui bol layer itself.

Define get P method of category and set event on the value change. Create that same event from event handler and write the code for getting(use FM) and setting emp responsible in that event using bol programming.

Please let me know if you need the codes for doing all this.

It would be great if you can paste the the screen shot of the view you are using in web ui.

Thanks,

Bhushan

former_member201769
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your prompt reply,that's the last option using Web Ui coding,can't be done through events that is crmv_events?

I am new to all these things so just explain

former_member188346
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi,

According to sap standards crmv_event must be the last option for doing any developments for ui.

Go for web ui, there are many code available which suites your requirement. You can get the code very easily and achieve the functionality today itself.

Regards,

Bhushan

former_member201769
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot.Can i have your mail id so that i can contact you

former_member188346
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I dont know is it allowed or not. I am new to scn. Moderator we can kick us out from scn for this if it is not allowed.

else we can discussed everything here only.

Regards,

Bhushan

former_member201769
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot again

former_member201769
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi bhusan

I have made a categorization schema and have activated with a particular service request.Now i have made a new categorization schema and now i want to attach the new schema to service request..please help..

Thanks in advance

former_member188346
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi,

Please open new thread for this question. Also explain a bit more.

Regards

Bhushan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member191572
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Two options one is ORDER_SAVE badi, and the other one is action profile  with method implementation,

Are go with the events as mentioned earlier..

former_member201769
Participant
0 Kudos

The Problem with order_save badi and action profile is it will not be in run time,i need run time solution as when when the customer will change the subject in web ui the employee responsible will automatically set by the logic written in the the function that will be called by the events.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rashmi,

Check my blog on SAP CRM: Adding functions to events using CRMV_EVENT.

From the small specification you mention, I would suggest you try to implement partner redetermination on the change of the category field, and make the partner determination dependent on the category, but of course the implementation depends highly on the rest of the requirements.

Let me know if I can be of help.

Regards,

Pieter

former_member201769
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes please i need your help.My requirement is to dynamically call the method or function module written in the events when there is change in the subject(categorization) in web ui service request.please help

former_member201769
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I need to set employee responsible based on category selected.How to configure this particular thing.please guide me

former_member188346
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi,

Or you can just see this thread: https://scn.sap.com/thread/3218073 for events details if it is too urgent. In this thread, there is a link "adding-functions-to-events-using.html." explaining abt it.

Also, there are many document available on web. Please refer that.

Regards,

Bhushan