Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording usage time for equipment in CATS

former_member640579
Participant

Hi all,

We have the following scenario that we would like to implement:

We have machinery that is used in several projects. We use equipment master records for the machines and WBS elements for the projects. We want to record how many hours a piece of equipment is used (by a group of employees) in each project. In a single transaction I need to record the Work center, Equipment and WBS. Is that possible via CATS? Has anyone done this before? I see in CATS customizing that there are some Additional fields that are available. Could I use one of these fields to map the Equipment or do I need to create a unique cost center for each equipment (these are the 2 ideas I'm running with atm.)

Thanks in advance

Michalis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

peter_atkin
Active Contributor

Michalis

Yes this could possibly be done via CATS as by using a normal confirmation via a work centre. I'm assuming there's no cost posting required, so you wouldn't need an activity type assignment.

PeteA

former_member640579
Participant
0 Kudos

PeteA,

Thanks for the quick reply. You are correct, we're not posting any cost so no activity type is required. We'll just use the operating hours to calculate (outside SAP) how much we'd invoice another company for the use of the equipment, wherever that applies.

But just to clarify, you said this can be done. Are you referring to the equipment field being used as an Additional field. Is that what we should be looking into?

thanks

Michalis

Answers (0)