Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO number required in Billing Document?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Hope all is fine.

I need help in one of the issues in SAP SD.

Here is the scenario which we need to configure for our client

I want PO number available in biling documents,

Few of my clients customer will only pay if their particular name or Purchase order number is mentioned in the billing document.

Customer(Sold to Party)- XXX

Name of the Accounts Payable - MR YYYYY.

Once the accounts payable name will be there in the billing, then only the the money will be released.

So they have to configure such thing where in billing their individual names should appear.

I have one more scenarios where PO number should come in billing or in Invoice so that it becomes easier for customer to recognize against which PO number the bill has generated.

Would request if someone can help me with a prompt response.

Thanks and Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

as said D E,

this is available in standard settings

Go to VTFL here check  your deliery , billing type and disaply header level

Target Bill. Type  F2                    From Delivery Type LF

Invoice                                  Outbound Delivery

Copying requirements   003  Header/dlv.-related

Determ.export data

Assignment Number      E

Reference number       A- when you set A - PO number coped ORDER to BILLING

check this settings , it is not assign then assign , then only PO number its copied

regards

sankar

former_member211668
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bojja,

Nicely Explained. By this setting it will be applicabe for all the customers. Right? I have one doubt that insted of Copy control, if we are specifying in Billing Doc type, what will be effect? Is there any diffrence b/w Copy control and Billing Doc type for "Reference no. and assignment no.?"

Thanks & Regards,

Tiwari

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

this applicable for all customers , but based on your  delivery and billing type copy controls settings ,

Reference no: it is set billing document , both field are same but 99% this field set as billing document number

assignment no:  when set this as PO number this  follow (accounts payable)in FBL5N  customer out standing report , when run this report for FI person  he is identify easily the account payer . this is benefit of  using  ASSIGNMENT NUMBER   as PO number (  accounts payable)

regards

sankar

former_member211668
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mr. Bojja,

Thanks for your quick reply but sorry to say still its not clear to me that what is the difference between Copy control and Billing Doc type for "Reference no. and assignment no.?"

Thanks

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

i dont under stand user query,

copy controls means to copy the data form reference document ,

billing document  as document type

Reference no. and assignment no. is fields for billing document creation level

former_member211668
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mr. Bojja,

Thanks for your reply. I think u interpreted my question wrongly. I did not ask difference b/w Copy control and Billing doc type. My que was we see " Reference no. and assignment no." at the both the places i.e. at Copy control level and in VOFA. I was asking is there any difference b/w these two places? Anyway, thanks for your reply once again.

Tiwari

former_member193761
Participant
0 Kudos

This is standard config where reference field of invoice gets filled with PO number.

0 Kudos

Hello,

First you can set up the PO field as required on the sales order in the sales order header /item incompletion process (IMG). There is always a user exit (MV45AFZB -  forms:  USEREXIT_CHECK_VBAK,   USEREXIT_CHECK_VBAP  USEREXIT_CHECK_VBKD where certain patterns can be enforced if you need to in specific fields.

The content of the PO field then will copied on the billing document. What is on the invoice is a question of the output program. So you need to define the requirements for the output process to print the required fields on the invoice.

Hope this helps.
Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your prompt answer.

One more issue which I mentioned in the forum.

IF the customer needs Accounts payable name on the invoice.

How we can do that?

Is that available in standard or a exit will work in that case.

Note- accounts payable name will not be SP or SH, however it is only to make the payment of the invoice faster and clearer as it will go to the specific department.

Thanks

Will wait for reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What do you mean by Accounts Payable name?

In general, when a vendor sells to a customer, the vendor is the Accounts Payable to the customer, and the customer is the Accounts Receivable to the vendor.

The standard print program should take the name and address of the Sales Org as the issuer of the billing documents.  Is this the AP name that you need?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thanes,

I guess I was not able to make it clear in the first go.

In my Invoice, the bill to party will be copies from CMD. That is the standard configuration.

And it is clear.

For my client though the bill will go to a specific location, however according to the products orders there are different accounts payables team to clear the invoices.

EG- Bill has reached Location XXX.

Now there all items pertaining to SOAP will be paid by one Accounts Payable Team.

And all the items pertaining to Perfumes will be paid by another accounts payable team.

So, how we can create this in SAP.

Billing document should somewhere show the name of the accounts payable team or any member of that so that the payment of the invoice becomes easier and clearer.

Please let me know if even I was not able to clear my query.

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

you maintain the account payable name in HEADER TEXT , Here you mention the name , when you open the billing document  see the name who is the payer so that easily identification of payable name

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would also explore the use of different PAYER partner for each customer AP team.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.