cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to choose a routine?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I want to implement a routine in BI And the data is coming from ecc.If credit user is xyz  i want to update credit user field as true else false.

Now i am confused to implement which kind of routine to implement i.e start routine or field routine or end routine.

Please give your valuable suggestions with reason.

Thanks and regards,

Kavya.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From performance perspective End routine should be implemented because processing will happen based on data packages whereas in field level routine it will be done record by record.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

AL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply

Cant  we implement a start routine,Please clarify.

Regards,

Kavya.

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It would be better if you implement it in End Routine.

I assume that the field in which you need to update the value will not be there in source.

Please clarify on the same that you need to update the existing field only or you have added new object in which you will update the the value as True or false based on credit user.

Regards,

AL

Former Member
0 Kudos

credit user field is available in source.

if credit user value is xyz i want replace with 'TRUE' if credit user  is some other value it should be replaced with 'FALSE'.

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes then this can be done at start routine as well.

Regards,

AL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies.

"processing will happen based on data packages whereas in field level routine it will be done record by record."

Regarding the above sentence  if i implement start or end routine

(if  i have 1700 records in  a data package ).will all the 1500 records will process at a time?if  my assumption is wrong plz explain this.

Regards,

Kavya.

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes based on the Package of size data will be processed:

By default 50k is the size of data package you can check the same in DTP,So 50k records will be processed at once.

Hope this gives an idea.

Regards,

AL

Answers (0)