Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send EMail - Exchange Name-Order

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

we are using the following classes to send emails out of SAP.

cl_document_bcs, cl_bcs, if_recipient_bcs, if_sender_bcs

If we send an email, the name out of User-Data will also be sent with the mail in field "sender".

And this name appears in form "<firstname> <lastname>".

Exactly like in the SU01 display.

We would like to exchange this order to "<lastname> <firstname>".

Is this possible?

The problem is, that mails from Outlook (AD) are displayed in this form and so we want to come back to one format.

Kind regards

2 REPLIES 2

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure if there could be some kind of a system setting (I'd still ask a Basis person, wouldn't hurt), but have you tried searching by 'cl_document_bcs change sender'?

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We haven't had this requirement ourselves, so I can't say whether this can be set as a Basis parameter or not.  However, if it can, it almost certainly will be a parameter set in the SXPARAMS table (maintained either with SM30 or via transaction SCOT -> Settings -> General Parameters).  There are a large number of possible parameters that can be set in this table to control all kinds of aspects of sending and receiving emails in the system, but so far I have not been able to find any general list of all the possible parameters.  Many Notes will advise to set a particular parameter to control or correct a specific situation, though I haven't seen one specifically about sender address formatting.  Otherwise, there doesn't seem to be a lot of documentation for this table.

So, not a solution, but maybe this will give you a direction to explore.

Regards,

Matt