cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to limit the access of people that can see the Free search option in F4 in PA20?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Is there a way to limit the authorization of the Free search tab in search help F4 in PA20?

We only want a group of people to be able to view the Free seach option when they use the search help in PA20.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I guess you could do something with the PREM search help (t-code se11), this is the collective search help that is used in PA20.  It's a collective SearchHelp that groups many others (used in each tabs).

In this PREM search help there is a Search Help Exit 'HRMC_PREM_EXIT_A that collects all single search helps.  There you simply need to remove the requested entry from SHLP_TAB table.

I haven't check that far but I also found out an FM HR_CHECK_AUTHORITY_SEARCH_HELP that is called while you click on the F4. I guess it might be interesting to dig in that way too.

good luck

Hadrien

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stuart_campbell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure this can be achieved by authorizations - object or structural

Probably you would need to restrict access to T CODE PA20 itself or modify the PA20 screen removing the option or insert ABAP code modifications to remove the field based on certain conditions